Bank Account For Business (Which Bank?)

So I'm opening a bank account for my guest houses business down in Koh Phangan. The account will

handle mostly wire transfers from overseas and pay large bills (such as rental) etc.. I will be on my iphone

most of the time checking balances and transfers, as im in the middle of nowhere... and traveling to the bank

be would impractical.

My friend suggest me to go for Kasikorn, as they offer friendly / better service for small shots like me... and that Bangkok

Bank could not care less.

So what do you guys think? ..... Between, Kasikorn, Bangkok Bank and SCB or otherwise..... which one would suite me better?

And what are your experiences with them?

Do yourself a favour and open and HSBC account in HK. It is worth the air ticket, the hotel costs and setting up a Business account. The standard of internet banking here is atrocious and slow even from HSBC who are hobbled in Rama IV. I have tried them all - over more than 10 years and presently work with SCB and BBL. But I still take all international deposits into HSBC in HK (tax free) and then TT to payments here. Very cheap and great service.

Is the process of setting up a business in HKG painless? I assume they require local registration and a local address in HKG?

I agree HSBC is very good but why go to the bother of going to HKG to set up the account ? I opened an account in BKK and it was very easy. As I wanted to buy a few mutual funds I asked BKK to open accounts for me in Singapore and Jersey - again all done quite painlessly by BKK

For Business I've had UOB, SCB and then switched to K-Bank. Very, very happy with K-Bank.

For Personal I've had SCB, UOB, Bangkok Bank and now K-Bank (because the company switched). Again happy with K-Bank.

One note on Bangkok for personal, they have a corespondent bank or branch in NYC, US which makes it very easy and cheap to transfer funds from a US account to the BBL NYC branch and on to the TH account. I keep it for that. I haven't looked into if K-Bank has the same.

I don't know about the go to Hong Kong. My business banks in HK as well and we have a Standard Charter Bank account and never went there to set it up.

For Business I've had UOB, SCB and then switched to K-Bank. Very, very happy with K-Bank.

For Personal I've had SCB, UOB, Bangkok Bank and now K-Bank (because the company switched). Again happy with K-Bank.

One note on Bangkok for personal, they have a corespondent bank or branch in NYC, US which makes it very easy and cheap to transfer funds from a US account to the BBL NYC branch and on to the TH account. I keep it for that. I haven't looked into if K-Bank has the same.

I don't know about the go to Hong Kong. My business banks in HK as well and we have a Standard Charter Bank account and never went there to set it up.

I tried Bangkok Bank yesterday afternoon, @ Bangkapi branch... Service is horrible, couldn't stand the guy behind the customer service desk with absolutely no expression on his face, very unhelpful, and was looking down on me.

I was missing a few documents anyways (the minutes of the meeting stating that I have the authority to open an account). So I left and not planning to go back.

SCB and K-Bank is looking good for me now....

Why in particular are you happy with K-Bank?