Driving Lessons

There is a shop in Lamai, on the ring road, just before Wat Lamai going south on the left hand side near the 7/11 and the 75 Copy shop.

The Lady's name is Bua Phone 0818126903 or 08406198079. Has a small sedan and picks the student up from their home, for lessons.

Very reasonable prices and they follow it right through, until they get their license. My wife used them and was very impressed.

I don't know if they speak English or not, as I said, it was for my wife.

Where in the Op does it say " an English speaking driving school" ?

Just trying to help.:unsure:

Right gusG, OP made no language reference... I was looking for driving lessons myself, but failed to find one with English speaking instructor (checked at Chaweng, Lamai and Maenam schools). Didn't check Nathon school though. Pls if you know driving lessons suitable for farang share the info.

There is a shop in Lamai, on the ring road, just before Wat Lamai going south on the left hand side near the 7/11 and the 75 Copy shop.

The Lady's name is Bua Phone 0818126903 or 08406198079. Has a small sedan and picks the student up from their home, for lessons.

Very reasonable prices and they follow it right through, until they get their license. My wife used them and was very impressed.

Thanks for your recommendation, my ms just had a 2 hour lesson and is well impressed, booked 10 hours of lessons for 4500bt which is pretty reasonable.

Unfortuneately they dont speak English. They also take you to Nathon for the test at the end of the lessons.:)

• 1 year later...

How important is it to have a driving license? I know this might sound like a really silly question to those in the know, but when I lived in the UK and was a lot younger I had plenty of lessons but failed my test twice.

I used to have a car and I'm a confident driver, I quite often drove myself and my boyfriend around (he had a full license of course and I had a provisional) and also quite a few times my friends would let me drive. Later on I moved to London zone 2 and never had the use for a car after that, it was all tubes and buses from then on.

It's actually quite embarrassing that I still don't have my UK driving license but now I live in Samui and have been driving a bike for nearly 2 years, to start with I just walked everywhere or got a taxi bike. However running a business now means it's time to invest in a car and I know it's quite relaxed on this island but I'm wondering if I should get a license and if I should - how do I go about it?

Would really appreciate any feedback... passifier.gif

How important is it to have a driving license? I know this might sound like a really silly question to those in the know, but when I lived in the UK and was a lot younger I had plenty of lessons but failed my test twice.

I used to have a car and I'm a confident driver, I quite often drove myself and my boyfriend around (he had a full license of course and I had a provisional) and also quite a few times my friends would let me drive. Later on I moved to London zone 2 and never had the use for a car after that, it was all tubes and buses from then on.

It's actually quite embarrassing that I still don't have my UK driving license but now I live in Samui and have been driving a bike for nearly 2 years, to start with I just walked everywhere or got a taxi bike. However running a business now means it's time to invest in a car and I know it's quite relaxed on this island but I'm wondering if I should get a license and if I should - how do I go about it?

Definitely get a licence if you intend to drive. If you do not have one and you have an accident - no insurance. It could cost a lot. There are other threads to cover this. (Getting a licence that is)

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

Definitely get a licence if you intend to drive. If you do not have one and you have an accident - no insurance. It could cost a lot. There are other threads to cover this. (Getting a licence that is)

Thank you

• 1 year later...

Thanks for your recommendation, my ms just had a 2 hour lesson and is well impressed, booked 10 hours of lessons for 4500bt which is pretty reasonable.

Unfortuneately they dont speak English. They also take you to Nathon for the test at the end of the lessons.smile.gif

Update

(The second number is incorrect)

This lady is still going strong. Still 4,500 baht for 10 hours. They have two places - Lamai and Lipa Noi.

They teach both manual and automatic

If you in an accident and there's a fatality you will find out just how important it is. Go to Transport office and take a very easy test. Edited by Rooo

If you in an accident and there's a fatality you will find out just how important it is. Go to Transport office and take a very easy test.

Agree here , if you have a crash with a Thai or even foreigner , and neither has a Thai licence , and you do .. Everything is your favour and the insurance company will sort you out as the blame cannot be put to you if the other party is without licence

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortuneately they dont speak English. They also take you to Nathon for the test at the end of the lessons.smile.gif

Update

(The second number is incorrect)

This lady is still going strong. Still 4,500 baht for 10 hours. They have two places - Lamai and Lipa Noi.

They teach both manual and automatic

Final update from me.

GusG - that was an excellent recommendation.

My friend contacted this lady and had lessons from her. The instructor is very good.

My friend now has her driving license.

13 people took the theory and the practical tests - only 3 passed on the first attempt.

My friend failed the parallel parking the first time - passed on the second attempt two days later.

Some of the 'failed' candidates tried to offer a financial incentive to obtain the license. They were refused! All had to re-sit.

Surely this is good news for Samui?

The instructor did speak English.

The test is pretty well two full days depending on the number of applicants. Thais need an English spelling of their name. The one from a passport is good.

• Like 2