A Good Reliable Songteaw / Tuk Tuk / Taxi Driver

gymboxgirl

Does anyone have a tel number for a songteaw driver or tuk tuk guy who I can call? I kinda live out in the boonies, and it's always good to have a number at hand especially when I have friends or relatives visiting who don't drive. Reasonably priced and basic English would be good.

I have the number for Chiang Mai Taxis, but for some reason can never get hold of them at night. I always seem to wake someone up and he kinda grumpily tells me there are no taxis. No idea what time they stop running...

My friend Noi drives a tuk-tuk in Chiang Mai and Mae Jo and speaks English. If he's not available he will direct you to someone else. 084 8088024 Tell him Don sent you. We both live in Ban Pong near Mae Jo.

Edited by drtreelove

This topic confirms what a failure the meter taxis have proven to be. I think I'm actually seeing fewer of them these days; no loss.

Yeah, terrible. If you ask for one to pick you up and take you to the airport, they will not turn on the meters, and request a flat fee like the non-metered airport taxis. huh.gif Whats the point of the meter if they do not want to use it??

I hear ya...sad.gif

This topic confirms what a failure the meter taxis have proven to be. I think I'm actually seeing fewer of them these days; no loss.

Outside of town, I see many many more now than past years. I'm sure they like the long rides :)