Itunes Payment Options

sensei

Hello!

Is there's an easy way to buy apps from iTunes if I don't have a credit card?

I have heard that Paypal is an option only if you have a US based bank backing up the account.

Is there any other way that I am not aware of?

Thank you in advance to anyone who could share some valuable information.

Sensei

You can buy "gift cards" and reimburse them 1:1 in your appke account or store account.

Gift cards are sold us$ based

Thanks for your response.

Do they sell Gift Cards in the iStudio shops here in Thailand?

Thanks for helping a new Apple convert.

Edited by sensei

open a US itunes account much better than the APP only store in Thailand and elsewhere with movies, tv shows books etc.

then buy US itunes gift cards from the following 2 websites paying with paypal. used the below sites for several years without issue:

store 1

Store 2

its the best way to use itunes in Thailand without a US Bank or US Credit card. Makes Apple TV worth the purchase out here.

open a US itunes account much better than the APP only store in Thailand and elsewhere with movies, tv shows books etc.

then buy US itunes gift cards from the following 2 websites paying with paypal. used the below sites for several years without issue:

store 1

Store 2

its the best way to use itunes in Thailand without a US Bank or US Credit card. Makes Apple TV worth the purchase out here.

Thanks.

Does that mean that I can only use the US Gift Card if I have a US iTunes account?

I have a local iTunes account. Will a US gift card work with that?

no it will not work US itunes gift cards are only for the US itunes store.

Trust me open the US itunes store account not the Thai one. A LOT more content.

Just use a address such as a hotel in US. Also google opening US itunes account without us credit card.

no it will not work US itunes gift cards are only for the US itunes store.

Trust me open the US itunes store account not the Thai one. A LOT more content.

Just use a address such as a hotel in US. Also google opening US itunes account without us credit card.

Got it. Thanks.

Will try that. I won't hope it wont mess up my current configuration/setup.

Sorry, an Apple newbie here.

Hi

easy to open itune US account just give them what they ask for online, giftcard in US can also be bought in a lot of shops in Thailand

Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it!

I will give it a go...

Sensei

Hi

easy to open itune US account just give them what they ask for online, giftcard in US can also be bought in a lot of shops in Thailand

Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it!

I will give it a go...

I assume those cards are sold in places like Panthip, MBK, and the likes, right?

Sensei

Edited by sensei

i guess they are, in Phuket a lot of shops have them, i have to say they are a bit expensive.

online when they ask for zip code just put something in, and they will come up with the right one for you, i even put a street name from my home country, no problem they just want you money :)

just like negreanu said,

it is about where you claim to be while initial registration with itunes !

after this .. nobody cares anymore, exept you change the payment options at a later time.

as for the card's i never see a Australian or German Gift card in Thailand .. so basicaly 80% of the card's you can buy here are from the US and value in USD.

or in THB but this is something you can very easy identify, since the value of the card is wrote very big on it.

if you after media content ... then negreanu is also correct regarding the shop selection.

if you want to buy apps for your iphone/ipod/ipad/mac's .. then it does not matter so much ... most apps are in the thai store as well.

(i just had once the problem that i could not get one (1) app because my mobileme account is registered in thailand)

I have seen US itunes card for sale in BKK at stupid prices US$50 at 2500THB. Nonsense.

Just use the above stores at get a US$50 for around US$53-$55. They will email the codes within hours. Both of the stores above are 100% reliable and they even have promotions every few months like the US$50 for $47.

Edited by negreanu