10-Wheel Truck Kills Mother And Son In Horrific Hit And Run

Rimmer

10-Wheel Truck Kills Mother And Son In Horrific Hit And Run

PATTAYA: -- A 10 wheel-grinder truck leans a motorbike of a mother with two kids; 2dead, 1 injured In a horrific accident on Sukhumvit Road in South Pattaya, a motorbike carrying a mother and her twin sons was hit by a 10-wheel truck, which drove over the bike and its passengers before escaping from the scene. The mother and one boy were killed. The truck driver was later apprehended and arrested.

Pattaya, 12 December 2010 (PDN): At 9.00 pm Pattaya Police Investigator Lieutenant Colonel Preecha Samrit was informed that a mother and her 12-year-old son had been killed when their motorbike was hit by a 10 wheel truck in a hit and run accident on the south bound section of the Sukhumvit Road in South Pattaya. Police and the Sawang Boriboon Foundation were dispatched to the Caltex petrol station, Moo 9, Nongprue, Banglamung.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-12-13

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

That is horrible, RIP to the victims.

I hope they throw the book (and then some) at the driver of the truck:

Subsequently, officers had successfully apprehended the the driver of the truck, Mr. Weeraphong Phokchalad [24] from Surin, who was in an intoxicated state

tragedy. RIP.

inspite eye witnesses, there are no elements for telling who was at fault for causing the collision

If you are intoxicated in control of a heavy vehicle you are at fault no matter what the other circumstances may be. The only difference I see between this and firing an automatic weapon into a crowded street is that you are MORE likely to kill someone.:angry:

tragedy. RIP.

inspite eye witnesses, there are no elements for telling who was at fault for causing the collision

If you are intoxicated in control of a heavy vehicle you are at fault no matter what the other circumstances may be. The only difference I see between this and firing an automatic weapon into a crowded street is that you are MORE likely to kill someone.:angry:

Absolutely. I am not saying the driver (and possibly the company employing him) is not at fault.

He should certainly face the music for:

1- driving in an intoxicated state

2- fleeing the scene

BUT: that does not mean that the driver has caused the accident.

I know someone who drove a big truck, and he apparently killed a pedestrian, no witnesses.

He had 0.8 0/00 alcohol in his blood and his guilt was automatically assumed.

He kept saying that the guy who died litterally threw himself under the wheels, but to no avail.

A few weeks later, a witness could be found who declared that the dead guy had announced his intention to commit suicide in front of a truck just a couple of hours before...

It was pure luck for the driver that this witness was found, otherwise his life was destroyed.

The suicidal man's family wanted cash and those greedy as_sholes APPEALED the court's decision to dismiss the case. The family may have been part of the problem in the first instance, methinks.

Anyway: this is to demonstrate that the question of who caused the accident is always of interest.

I don't see any helmets on that video (not that a helmet will really help you when a truck is driving over you).

The speeds trucks and buses drive here is crazy, even on city streets, its like they have no idea about speeds and stopping distances.