Border Run, Will I Be Allowed Back In?!

Hi,

Not 100% sure here, sorry if Q is stupid.

I'm just about to finish a 12 month ED visa, closer to 15 as I left and returned around 360 days give or take.

I'm planning on visiting Laos for a few days before returning, both entering and leaving vie the Thai Laos border in Nong khai. After returning to Thailand I'm only intending on staying a week so the 14 days vie land entry would be fine.

I am, however, unsure of whether I will be granted entry as I've stayed almost 15 months in the preceding time, using a multi Entry ED Visa as mentioned before. Will I need to try and get another visa or will I be fine when I come back?

Clarification much appreciated.

Regards,

Depending pon your nationality, you should be able to get 15 days at a land border without any problem (30 days at an airport).

I'm Australian.

Great! So the preceding time spent means nothing? In effect I could repeat these 15 day border runs 4 times total, that's the limit right? 4?

Cheers,

There is no limit. But if you continue doing it they might start asking questions as to what you are doing in Thailand to be sure you are not working.

You cna also get a double entry tourist visa for free in vientiane. That means 2 entries of 60 days, each entry can be extended by 30 days for 1,900 baht, so that would almost be 6 months.

By law you need to have anoutgoing ticket paid in full to be allowed to get the visa exemption stamp. (this can be a train ticket Bangkok Buttherworth hich you later can cancel and you will get most of the money back)

But the only border checkpoint which do check this requirement sometimes for nationals of EU/US/Japan/Australia New Zealand/Canada is the border checkpoint at poipet and than only for those who try to do back to back visa exemption stamp.

So I would say that you are pretty safe doing this at Nongkhai and if you want to be 100% get yourself the train ticket and with this you are guaranteed that they wont reject you.