No Facilities To Extend Tourist Visa In Patong

Just in case it's of any use to anyone, a 60 day Tourist Visa cannot be extended by another 30 days at the Immigration office in Patong Beach, Phuket. Anyone wanting to remain in Thailand for another 30 days will have to apply to Phuket Immigration in Phuket Town.

This poses a a slight transport problem since there's no public transport available. Tuk-tuk drivers quoted me 2,000 Baht one way and the Taxi-Meter Call Center told me that they only did journeys to and from the airport. The 'black' taxis i.e. anyone with a private car parked at the side of the road were just about as accommodating as their tuk-tuk friends quoting me a minimum 1,800 Baht one way.

I finally went to the reception desk at Hotel Sole where I'd stayed once and they were able to get me a ride for 600 Baht there and back.

Phuket town Immigration is a chaotic place to put it mildly too. There's no queuing system in place and it's one mad rush to get to the counter before anyone else does once the doors open. So go park yourself next to the entrance if you happen to arrive at lunchtime like I did.

As regards the Patong Immigration desk, they only deal with 90 day reporting in spite of what it says on the notice board outside.

This poses a a slight transport problem since there's no public transport available

What happened to those large song thaews that used to run from the market in Phuket Town to Patong (and other places) and vice versa?

They are still there and charge around 20-25 baht one way trip to the market in town!

From there an MC taxi should get you to the Immigration Office for 40-50 baht or so, depending on your negotiation skills.

Plahgat

This poses a a slight transport problem since there's no public transport available

rent a motorbike 300tbh a day or car 500tbh a day...problem solved! and you get a nice trip away from all sexpats in patong! :whistling:

yes, and no one to call you papa either. Peace in our time!

rent a motorbike 300tbh a day or car 500tbh a day...problem solved! and you get a nice trip away from all sexpats in patong! :whistling:

where are you renting a car for 500 baht a day? Did you mean 1500 bhat, correct?

Now a taxi can be gotten to phuket town from patong beach for 350-500 bhat.

those fares must be Patong rates - used to pay 150 each way on a motorbike from Chalong to immigration at Saphan Hin, Phuket Town. Closer I know but he rates in OP seem too high even for Phuket.

there must be people here on tourist visas who have far greater distances to travel . . . for me I have two choices at 180km or 254km for the return trip, just the way it is and make plans around it, usually an overnight stay and a little sightseeing to make the trip worthwhile.

Other TV members - who travels the greatest distance for a visa office?