Please Help!

Advice please! I obtained a new passport from the Australian embassy today as my old pp is full. My old pp contains a double entry tourist visa - I am due to go to immigration next Monday to apply for a 30 day extension. The details havent been transferred into the new pp as I just got it. Today I lost the old pp on the way home - it has been cancelled, cut etc. I have a letter from the embassy confirming it has been cancelled plus photocopies of the main page of my old pp and the current entry stamps and visa plus white TR card. I still have the new pp. What can I do? When I go to immigration on Monday whats likely to happen? Thanks.

The visa is lost, meaning that if you stil had any valid entries on it you can no longer use them but will have to get a new visa from abroad. However you can get the extension without any problems.

As the passport is already cancelled I don't think it is necesary to file a police report, especally if it has been cancelled by damaging it. But contact your embassy to be sure and Thai immigration might demand you report it to the police. So it is up to you to report the loss to the police or not. Maybe you need it, maybe you don't need it.

For the rest it won't be a big deal.

As he has no passport to present for transfer of information, which is the standard procedure, I suspect he will need a police report of loss prior to any entry being made in the new passport by Immigration but they will advise him.

I highly recommend you make a police report over passport lost.

Even though it has been canceled, but if it goes in wrong hands might be miss used passport itself or your identity.

To be on safe side, you should report it in near by police station.

Immigration may also want to see the police report.

Good luck!

WG

The passport has been replaced and was invalid so it is not a lost passport that needs replacement by his Embassy. Immigration may require the police report - his Embassy does not.

True. The passport is already invalid. Thanks for your correction.