Bus Schedule From Chiang Mai?

DavidMavec

Yes, go to the Arcade bus terminal and buy a ticket a couple days in advance. That way you get to pick your seat and preferred departure time.

Good companies include NCA (Nakhon Chai Air, www.nca.co.th); they have their little terminal a bit back from the main building) and Sombat Tour, (www.sombattour.com) and The Transport Co. 999 Super VIP service.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Take the train.. 1st class...

Buses in any country suck.. two of my best friends were killed DEAD in a bus accident in 1975..here in Thailand and they both were robbed of their wonderful lives and oddly enough their new born baby survived the crash to grow up to now be a 35 year old woman who never had the pleasure know her two awesome parents like I did.

If you care about yourself you will take a train.. Look at any Thai driver and you are putting you life in their hands?? Trains do crash but very rarely.. buses and airplanes seem go down more than trains do..

It is just a opinion of 64 year young dude who loves this beautiful thing called life..

Edited by JackSterling

Take the train.. 1st class...

Buses in any country suck.. two of my best friends were killed DEAD in a bus accident in 1975..here in Thailand and they both were robbed of their wonderful lives and oddly enough their new born baby survived the crash to grow up to now be a 35 year old woman who never had the pleasure know her two awesome parents like I did.

If you care about yourself you will take a train.. Look at any Thai driver and you are putting you life in their hands?? Trains do crash but very rarely.. buses and airplanes seem go down more than trains do..

It is just a opinion of 64 year young dude who loves this beautiful thing called life..

Prescient comment given the bus crash in Malaysia, where it seems the standard of bus drivers is on a par or worse with Thailand.

Well flying is the safest of course - Thai Airways are doinga 1040Baht flight to Swampy during December - managed to get it on the 8th on a one day return trip to BKK and back. When I go by coach to MooChit2 I use the 1sdt class (rather than VIP) place - its the kiosk on the far right just before the toilets - not the four booths facing as you walk in, but behind them on the right, but the open door. They charge about 518 baht as opposed to 850 plus for the VIP everywhere else. The difference (as far as I could tell when I went VIP instead) was a dubbed Chinese movie (into Thai) that I didn't watch anyway. On the 1st class I had a reclining chair (empty seat next to me the whole way too as several empty seats!), food (they give you cake n sandwich etc and then also do a pit stop with a food voucher - part of your ticket) , water, toilet, aircon, reading light - all that I needed - even had a u-shaped neck pillow and full length blanket!

I regularly took the train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, after flying from the U.S., only because I usually had two full, large suitcases and one or two carry ons with me (stuff that I bought for my house in C.M.). Out of 12-15 round trips, other than being late, the train one time broke down. I had to pay someone 1,000 baht to drive me (and several other passengers that paid the same) the 3 hours it took to finish the journey and be dropped off at the train station (where I got a full refund of the 829 baht fare). Buses don't take large bags, at least the bus line in C.M. that I tried to take to Bangkok (to catch a flight to the U.S. the next day). In either case, I don't sleep on trains, planes or buses, so whatever gets me to my destination (with the bags) the quickest is my preference.