Cs Loxinfo Scam

carlthailand

Just so people know.

We signed up to loxinfo during their promotion.

We were told it was 1070bht per month for unlimited usage.

We signed up on 17th of June. Therefore, one would think our next bill would be due the same time next month. Well, it was for the first 2 months. Now, they have altered the date to start from the beginning of the month.

Just an annoying little trick they pulled. Oh Sir sorry we have changed to the normal billing cycle from the beginning of the month. We have tried to sort it out. Like perhaps a refund or pro rata or something but NO is their answer.

Not a big deal I suppose but its all about the principle.

Cc

I think the Home 1024 package (1024/512) is b1,000 (plus 7% VAT) for a total of b1,070 per month. Is that the package you signed up for? What did the bill say? Are there references to two (2) entries at b1,070? Is there a description of the line items? Any dates referenced?

It does say the following on the CSLOXINFO website

Service Conditions

* Applicants for Home 256 ,Home 512 and DSL-TA 256, DSL-TA 512 must pay 2 months in advance, and applicants for Home 1024, Home 2048, and Home 4096 and pay 1 months in advance

(bolding is mine)

It also says "Amount to be paid on the Application day" is b 1,000 for the Home 1024 package, although I am not sure if this is the same as paying one month in advance?

It is very confusing?

I am about to get this package so hence my interest.

I also signed up with CS Loxinfo mid-month also. As far as I remember you had to prepay for the first couple of months, the next bill after that was pro-rata for the remainder of the month, and from then on the billing cycle was adjusted from the beginning of the month. It all seemed fair enough to me, so I don't think they're out to scam people. It could just be a mistake or misunderstanding, perhaps if you take the bills you've got so far down to their office (by Chitlom skytrain station) and explain the situation they could sort it out for you?

Not a big deal I suppose but its all about the principle. Cc

Man, if you let "principles" get to you like this when the total damages are less than 1000THB, you are never gonna make it here in LOS. With all due repect, there is much more craziness in store for you, so hold on to your seat.

Lighten up .... you'll live longer.

BTW, in the last 24 hrs, I myself have had not one but two such little annoyances with Thai logic and Thai ways. You just have to suck it up most of the time.

You'll get used to it I hope.

I guess things have changed a bit since I signed up with them last year, but I didn't have to pay anything at all when I first signed up.

When I got the first bill, it was only for the remaining days in that first month. The following bill was for the month that had just passed, so actually I'm paying for service already received.

I don't think they're trying to cheat you, go back and talk with them again.

I'm on month three of my service and very happy with them. My billing situations has been identical to Gleen_Tea's. It seemed like I was working off installation credit until just this past Friday's bill.

I would have to agree with PaulFr, also, on the suck it up front. From the constant frustrations I've read here from what True Internet users face we CSLoxInfo users have it GOOD. Every time I've checked my bandwidth it's been within a hair of what I paid for. Can True users say the same? Hardly.

never had problems with Csloxinfo's billing...

Has been calculated pro rata when so required, and they didn't make a fuss when I cancelled my iPSTAR account 10 days before the end of the month.

Never received a bill for the following month eventhough I was supposed to cancel at least 30 days in advance!

Another note, CSLoxInfo also has an on-going promotion where you get a free ADSL Modem (a Billion USB model I believe) when you pay two months in advance.

From an email I received from CSLoxInfo...

"I would like to inform you about the new promotion for ADSL for TOT line. Free Modem when pay advance 2 months."

And from one of the attachments:

"FREE MODEM + ฟรีค่าเชื่อมสัญญาณ + ฟรีค่าจัดส่งโมเด็ม

- จ่ายล่วงหน้า 2 เดือน รับฟรี MODEM USB Billion7000A (Home256,Home512,Home1024)"

Just so people know.

We signed up to loxinfo during their promotion.

We were told it was 1070bht per month for unlimited usage.

We signed up on 17th of June. Therefore, one would think our next bill would be due the same time next month. Well, it was for the first 2 months. Now, they have altered the date to start from the beginning of the month.

Just an annoying little trick they pulled. Oh Sir sorry we have changed to the normal billing cycle from the beginning of the month. We have tried to sort it out. Like perhaps a refund or pro rata or something but NO is their answer.

Not a big deal I suppose but its all about the principle.

Cc

Yes, True pulled that one on me too.