Photo Attachments

wolf359

Hi folks,

I am trying to send photos back to the family via e-mails, I am using Hotmail, but when I try to attach a folder with the photos the web connection does nothing!! just sits there! smiling at me! :o . What am I doing wrong!

Thanks

I'll side with nickerelastic, go for one of the online albums, you only have to upload the piccies once. :D

Also, you can't attach a folder to an email, only individual files, so either zip them together and attach the zip file to the mail, or send lots of mails each with a few piccies.

Don't forget to resize the photos to something like 800x600 so that you don't end up sending gigabytes to some poor chap with a dial-up connection, could make you somewhat unpopular :o

Hi folks,

I am trying to send photos back to the family via e-mails, I am using Hotmail, but when I try to attach a folder with the photos the web connection does nothing!! just sits there!  smiling at me! :o . What am I doing wrong!

Thanks

Hotmail recently upgraded/improved their photo attachment thing. I think it is pretty good as it lets sending a few photo attachments without going to one of the “online album” services that take long time to set up.

With the new Hotmail service you are requested to download a small additional program that will then work with sending files.

The good thing is that when you want to attach something it give you a couple of options so you can attach files as before but if you go for the “Photo” option it will bring up “My Pictures” and you just click on the ones you want to attach and Hotmail will reduce them in size for e-mail.

And yes back to your question, it sometimes takes time to get a response when you click. But be patient or try later, Hotmail is worldwide and sometimes busy but if you just want to a few attached photos this latest from Hotmail is pretty neat.

Good Luck :D