Mini Apple

SamKong

If you've not already noticed, "Cen-traan" is getting a big new Apple store kitty-corner from Power Buy.

I had assumed it was an expansion from the current Apple store upstairs but I was wrong. That store has now closed and is being run out of a kiosk near the escalators. A long-time employee informed me today that the new store a big competitor from BKK. He followed on by adding that their current shop will move to a location just behind the big new Apple store.

I've always found the staff at the current store to be the best in the business; they're well-informed, generally polite and always helpful. If you wish to support the little guy (who I assume to be local), remember that the good Apple store is the small one...behind the big store on the corner. :)

--this message sent via the comfort of my desk. B)

If anybody knows the people there, it'd be VERY nice if somebody would set up an Apple user's group in Phuket.

I've tried to branch one off of the Computer Clinics, but haven't found anyone willing to spend a few hours a month helping Apple users. (Notably, regrettably, that includes the Apple reps in Phuket.)

I'd run a monthly session, but I don't know anything about the Mac. There's a huge need for simple Apple help, and it would be excellent publicity for anybody in the business - or a tremendous community service, even if they don't have anything to sell.

Easy help for mac is to send them to a PC store.

Overpriced crap

Just a simple wire costs cost 35$. while the same wire for pc costs 10$ (and it works on the mac too)

Apple 30" LCD screen. like 1900$, i paid 1100$ in bangkok for a brand new HP business 30" and it's a lot better than the 30" i have tried

Edited by DougLee