Xbox 360 And Kinect

kirbster73

Hi,

I'm currently on holiday in the UK before coming back to LOS in January.

I'm debating whether or not to buy the above console here for £249 with the 4gb 360.

Can someone explain to me what the benefits are of buying here in the UK compared to Bangkok? or whether I should wait and buy in Bangkok instead? especially with regards to Xbox Live, buying games etc. Cost isn't really a major issue, I'm more concerned about whether I'll be able to buy games, play online etc.

Many thanks in advance.

get the one from the UK but I advise against a 4 gb... for 50 quid more get yourself the 250G slim, as is will be a media power house. Also not a good idea to buy in BKK as most consoles have been modded.. If you try and play online, it just blocks it and you can no longer play games. Stay safe, don't go modded

The benefits of buying a slim in the UK vs BK vary depending on your intended purpose. If you only want to play games with Kinnect, then buying a pre-modded slim from BK would be slightly more expensive initially, and you couldn't use LIve, but you'd save BIG in the long run as you could buy copied games cheaply from numerous BK shops. If you need Live, then buy slim and kinnect from UK with benefit of warranties for both (you could return to claim), and you'll have to buy original games at a premium from BK vendors (have to check the region compatibility first) or buy online from UK vendors either new or second-hand.

If your living here in LoS you definately want to buy here. Even the new non copy games you buy here are NTSC/J (japanese Region)

The one you would pick up from the UK will be Pal/U region I believe. The games you pick up from here, real or copy wont work on that machine unless they are region free games.

The statement made about not being able to use Xbox live with a chipped box is incorrect. I've used one on live for 2 years now.

If your gonna be in thailand a while , get the NTSC/J xbox. if not then get the UK xbox. but in either case DO get the new slim with the 250 HD. they also have a bundle with a kinect.

Greg

Edited by griser

is x box live available in los ? great

Yep, you can log into it from anywhere in the world actually. however, some things are unusable in thailand due to the fact that thailand pirates soo much. things like Netflix and such.

Doing online play for games is a bit glitchy due to lag.

Greg

I got my 360 Slim and KINECT from NADZ. Paid more than a European model, but still a good buy. I got the Jap version. The (original) games I picked up on the day I bought mine in BKK. But due to their limited stock I have changed to PLAYASIA. Just ordered two KINECT games two weeks ago. SPORT and FITNESS EVOLVED. (ASIAn Versions) Paid 1,100 and 1,400 via K-BANK Web Shopping Card. Delivery was free and no import duty was charged either. Postman just put it in my postbox. Wonderful. First games arrived in 4 days and the second in 7 as it was a split delivery. Still free delivery though. Will be ordering my games there now due to the limited stocks in BKK shops. HAPPY with my decision to change from game PC to 360 + KINECT!!!! Fantastic little BOX!!

If your living here in LoS you definately want to buy here. Even the new non copy games you buy here are NTSC/J (japanese Region)

The one you would pick up from the UK will be Pal/U region I believe. The games you pick up from here, real or copy wont work on that machine unless they are region free games.

The statement made about not being able to use Xbox live with a chipped box is incorrect. I've used one on live for 2 years now.

If your gonna be in thailand a while , get the NTSC/J xbox. if not then get the UK xbox. but in either case DO get the new slim with the 250 HD. they also have a bundle with a kinect.

Greg

We are in a similar predicament: My daughter wants to use her 120gb modded 360 xbox (from USA) primarily because it has all the saved levels for her games.

(1) Would she be able to operate her (USA) 360 xbox here after connecting it to the voltage transformer?

(2) Would her (USA) xbox 360 operate on the TVs here in LOS or must she only use our USA (120Hz) TV? Also, would the same apply for her modded (USA) Wii?

(3) Would her (USA) 120 gb HD be interchangeable with a Thai (modded) xbox 360? Is it the HD that is (hdwr) modded or is it the xbox 360 console itself that is modded?

(4) Is it possible to transfer the memory from the 120gb HD from a modded (USA) xbox 360 onto the HD of a (Thai version) xbox 360 - 250 gb Slim?

(5) Would she be able to play her (USA) xbox 360 game discs on a (modded) Thai xbox 360?

(6) Can she play her (USA) NTSC DVD movies in Thai DVD players on Thai (Pal) TVs?

Edited by Ahnsahn

1. Yes.

2. Depends on the TV but most TV's purchased here can do both NTSC and PAL

3. The hardware is the same, so yes its interchangeable. The 360 itself is modded via a chip or software exploit.

4. Don't know.

5. Depends. There are no Thai 360's per se. There are Japanese versions, Asian versions (SG and HK) as well as US and Eurpoean models also being available. (although the latter of these are harder to find)

6. Again, it depends, most TVs are both PAL and NTSC, but note that some (but not all) DVD players here are region locked.