Friendly Hotel Not Too Far From Airport Bkk

Yvon

Does anybody have a suggestion for a hotel in the neighborhood of Suvarnabhumi?

My parents will arrive in Thailand on Jan 2nd and are looking for a plave to stay for a night before they come to us.

Not interested in the expensive types, roomprice around 700 baht, is that do-able?

Novotel has one at the airport, top notch. Highly recommended. Has a mini bus at arrivals for a 2 minute drive. NO aeroplane noise. :)

Use Latestays for a good deal.NOT Novotel Bangkok, Novotel Airport.

Edited by transam

We stayed at Thong Ta Resort/Spa on our way to the US in Oct and on our return to Bangkok in late Nov. I made the reservations on Agoda.....800 baht per night for my wife and me. Included an agent at the gate to meet us, free transportation to and from the hotel to the airport and a free breakfast. Rooms were extremely clean, air con, hot water, fridge, tub, restaurant. 5 minutes from the hotel both going and coming.

Try doing a Thaivisa forum search using keywords like "Hotel near airport" to find some of the many informative prior threads on this topic. I thought that there was also pinned topic on this subject, but not now I see.

My tip is Grand Residence Hotel .. google on that for details

. I stayed at the Regent Suvarnabhumi last time and it was excellent. It has an elevator and it was 540 baht.

Single room at the Regent is 1350 baht....how do you get 540 baht...

The same way you get the Novotel rec.

At least the Novotel is near the airport. But the 3000+ rate is a little more than the 700 baht rate the OP requested.

• 4 weeks later...

About a week ago I booked the Regent hotel Suvarnabhumi for a customer. For a single room the charge is 1500 Baht, and for an additional 700 Baht you can stay till 10 PM the next day. Convenient if catching a flight to Europe, typically leaving around 1 AM.