Usb Power/Signal Booster Cable Needed

somchaismith

Got an old Pentium 4, 1.6 ghz PC, which isn't picking up the signal of an outside webcam (picture is non-existent), so we need a 10 meter (30 foot) usb power-booster cable,

5302784613_a1742b18b0_m.jpg

Anyone seen one for sale in Bkk? If so, where?

Perhaps a poster has an old, idle one lying around?

Don't want to have to order one from the net. Be cheaper to buy it in Thailand and I'm ignorant to all this Tax-on-arrival bureaucracy. Heard a lot of bad stories in regards to Thai Custom's charges :) .

Sorry can't directly help , ive been looking for exactly the same active USB extension cable , the only place ive found them is on Ebay uk , at a reasonable price . Ive searched the Thai online sellers but no luck , and checked a few local IT shopping malls with no luck. Ive bought several items off Ebay uk, and the only time I was stung for a Tax / surcharge was when the supplier sent the item via a courier ( UPS ) all the rest of the items ive bought from Ebay uk, were sent to me by normal airmail post , and I never had a surcharge / Tax problem with any of them , just my own personal experience. So if any one knows a supplier here in Thailand please let me know too.

TL :jap:

The 10-meter cable I'm using, already has two small barrels on it, similar to this cable's,

5302955535_ec469e0432_t.jpg

not sure how good they are at boosting the power, though.

Ive got a feeling that the Two barrels are actually some sort of in line filters only ? , I may be wrong :(

TL :jap:

• 7 months later...