Internet In Bangkok

Rasel

Dear all ,

I am coming Bangkok next week and going to stay at Hotel Ambassador of Bangkok in Sukhumvit.But the Hotel doesn’t have Internet connection.

I would like to use Internet connection in my Laptop.

Your kind advice on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

If you search the topics there are alot of topics regarding wireless internet connection...

Anyway

Discovery Center at Siam SQ opposite of apple shop...You could either use the WI=fi of Starbuck or Apple shop....

The OP didn't specify wireless. Can get a dialup package at any internet cafe, costs 169 baht for 14 days of unlimited use, or just buy connection hours. Package gives a userid/password, and you dial a nationwide 1222 number. Check the hotel for phone use charges, download speeds will be less than you're accustomed to.

Dear Camble,

Thank you so much for your information.

1) To get a Dialup package I think the hotel will not allow me.

However I will try it once I arrived there.

2) For sequirity will you please advice me details about Wireless internet connection?.

a)Is wireless connection network cover anywhere in Bangkok

or different area covered by different services providers?.

b)From where to buy the wireless internet card (as we buy from airport in bangkok and can use only in airport).

c) What is the chargers for how many hours.?

Hope to hear from you.

Dear All ,

I tryed to search hear all old post about internet but most of the question and answers I saw regarding internet at home/for new appertments like that.

As well there is some answers for internet in hotel but not for me as I want to use internet in my hotel by Laptop not hotel /cafe computers.Also found some post about internet providers in other places in thailand.

So will you please help me ?.

Some hotels and some guest houses do have Wifi (wireless internet) b/g.

You also should be able to use dialup from your hotel phone. You can buy cards in any 7/11 or F.Mart shop. Look carefully and you can even find free dialup connections but you still need to pay hotel phone fee (mine is 6bath/connection - 2hours duration).

Do some war-driving and you will get quite a few free hotspots.

Dear Johng ,

Yes I know very well that there are hotels with internet.

And I stayed many time on the hotels who have internet.

The reason I asked it because this time I am going with my mother

and admit her to hospital so I need to stay the hotel which is near to hospital

and this hotel dont have internet.

I hope your cooperations.

Deat Pntsninja,

Many thanks for your kind information.

No my hotel doesnt cover by the wifi location.

I had checked your given side.

I am not sure whether it will possible to go those places to get connectd

with my leptop as mostlyI need to work at night.

I still prefer something in my room.If any advice please inform.

Dear STL ,

Thanks for your information.

But as I said in day time we will be mostly in hospital and may be in shopping (if My mother recover) so its very essential that I can get internet in my room.

By discussing with friends hear I had learned that in room wifi connection is not available ,its available in some places and i got the list also from hear.

So my options is only dial up connection in room ,now I wish the hotel allow me to use the phone and charge a reasonable for that.

If they does so then I learned from hear that I need to buy a card and use it .

If any more advice it will be very helpfull.

DEAR ALL ,

I HAD READ THE LINK WHICH YOU GAVE TO FIND HOT SPOTS FOR WIFI CONNECTION. I THINK FOR ME THE BEST EASIEST ONE IS LANDMARK HOTEL.

NOW I HAVE ONE QUESTION AS I HAD LEARNED HEAR THAT THIS IS FREE ON THOSE SPORTS I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT USER NAME AND PASSWORD.

WILL YOU PLEASE ADVICE WHEN I GO THOSE SPORTS AND OPEN WIRELESS CONECTION OF MY LAPTOP WILL THEY ASKED FOR THE PASSWORD AND USERNAME?

IF THEY ASKED FOR PASSWORD AMD USER NAME WHAT SHOULD I DO?.

PLEASE ADVICE.

Well you could try the new higher speed EDGE tecnology...DTAC have a service that ( seems to from their map ) cover most of central Bangkok..

Sorry I can't say how well it works or advise on prices etc etc...I've never used it !!!!

DTAC have a website ( all in Thai ) http://www.dtac.co.th/edge/edgeindex.html

Also found a list of WiFi hotspots in Bangkok

list

:o

The ambassador has TOT hotspots on every floor.

You will need to have wireless on your laptop or a card then you do a search for networks connect to TOT Hotspot, open your internet browser and go to any link you will then get a TOT page inviting you to pay or login. I am not sure of the cost as I didn't use it but you pay by the hour connected.

From the 26th floor I got at least 20 wireless hotspots including 8 of the hotels TOT ones just by waving the laptop near the window so there is plenty of choice.

The tread below discusses hotspots in bangkok.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...pic=30063&st=15

Regards

Simon

Edited by hansco

Dear all ,

I am coming Bangkok next week and going to stay at Hotel Ambassador of Bangkok in Sukhumvit.But the Hotel doesn’t have Internet connection.

I would like to use Internet connection in my Laptop.

Your kind advice on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

The Ambassador has a business center with high-speed Internet connections.

The last time I was there (about a year ago) I was able to plug my laptop in (standard Ethernet). I believe the cost was 300 Baht/hour and speed was quite good.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Paul