Best Option For Mobile Usb-Internet Connection Device

Samuian

There's always various USB modems to choose from but from a provider side CAT CDMA and True have 3G service in Samui, DTAC and AIS only EDGE. CAT CDMA is probably only post-paid, month by monty but you have to buy the modem.

AIS and DTAC have data SIMs that are very cheap and cheap EDGE modems can be had everywhere.

Not sure about True's plans and SIMs but might be worth checking out - it's way faster than EDGE. When I was there last year I had surprisingly good 3G coverage. I have True postpaid so don't know about prepaid options...

I use AIS edge and the speed is fine for all but large downloads. Even torrents are not too slow. I pay 520 baht for 250 hours and that is ample as it is only for a back up or when I am out and about. They also do an unlimited package for 1000 baht.

Thank's for the replies, many complains on the web about True in T. on Chat-& Messageboards, however much good about CAT Service, does CAT supply a USB Modem type connector and with "SIM" via Mobile Phone?

How does it work?

need some input, to makea decision which way is the best - don't wanna go the trial & error path.