Mother Of Girl Involved In Bangkok Tollway Accident Attends Funeral Of Victim

webfact

Court postpones verdict on 18-year-old girl in fatal tollway accident, killing 9 people; sets another conciliation round July 2 /MCOT

sorry all the other threads seem to be locked, seems her family need more time to buy people off.

• Like 2

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Court postpones verdict on 18-year-old girl in fatal tollway accident, killing 9 people; sets another conciliation round July 2 /MCOT

sorry all the other threads seem to be locked, seems her family need more time to buy people off.

I can't begin to imagine how the families of those that were killed must feel. At least the 18 year old is being given plenty of time to do a runner

It would appear the postponement had nothing to do with the parents. It was the The Central Juvenile and Family Court that did this in order to review and consolidate other cases brought against the girl and/or her family. See the full article in the post (22/06/2012). Though I am not sure how they can consolidate civil actions they mentioned into criminal, I am guessing the other criminal complaints are from individuals since Thailand allows one to bring there own criminal charges if the police don't or in this case maybe believing the police should have charged more.

• 2 weeks later...

A post containing quoted content from Bangkok Post has been removed as per forum rule:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

It would appear the postponement had nothing to do with the parents. It was the The Central Juvenile and Family Courtthat did this in order to review and consolidate other cases brought against the girl and/or her family. See the full article in the post (22/06/2012). Though I am not sure how they can consolidate civil actions they mentioned into criminal, I am guessing the other criminal complaints are from individuals since Thailand allows one to bring there own criminal charges if the police don't or in this case maybe believing the police should have charged more.

yes i can read thanks, I know who postponed it, but my point is did the court postpone it to give the family the chance to try again to buy the victims families off, but I am sure you knew full well what I meant.

Is that 30000 baht an apology or a peace offering?

Hopefully justice will be served in this case, both against the underaged driver and her parents if they had full knowledge and consented to their daughter illegally driving that vehicle.

Hopefully justice will be served in this case, both against the underaged driver and her parents if they had full knowledge and consented to their daughter illegally driving that vehicle.

30,000 Baht is too much.

The only law she broke is driving without a license, which fine is about 500 Baht.

Just pay that and get a receipt from the police.

Case close.

The death is a accident, can happen to anyone, including you and me. Maybe the van was a death trap with deadly 2nd hand tires that readily blow up at high speed.

30,000 Baht is too much.

The only law she broke is driving without a license, which fine is about 500 Baht.

Case close.

The death is a accident, can happen to anyone, including you and me. Maybe the van was a death trap with deadly 2nd hand tires that readily blow up at high speed.

some computers should have a breathalyser on them, if drunk they should not switch on

• Like 1

30,000 Baht is too much.

Case close.

I have trouble understanding that logic. One could say that a law abiding citizen without a license would not have been driving, therefore the accident would not have happened. I hope you are not suggesting just pay 500 Bht and walk away?

If a bus driver or a train driver had an accident and was not licensed would the same logic apply?

Its also called accountability and responsibility for ones actions, which i admit would be a little bit rare here.

30,000 Baht is too much.

Case close.

Accidents happen every day, but the law subscribes that you should pass a test to be legally allowed to drive. There are rules and regs to follow, and it isn't too often that accidents happen if everyone follows the rules completely and absolutely. Pure accidents are actually rather rare, but are more to do with not following the driving regulations to the word.

The offence for not having a license if stupidly 500 baht. Unfortunately for this girl, operating a vehicle on a public road without a license and causing a death is a very different matter from if she had been licensed. The only forgiveable reason for her to be driving would be if she was transporting herself or someone else to hospital in a life and death situation, and then I don't think the courts should give her much leniency, considering she was in a town with thousands of taxis around.

• Like 1

30,000 Baht is too much.

Case close.

Are you Thai Sunnee?

30,000 Baht is too much.

Case close.

Are you Thai Sunnee?

Someone from a PR Agency hired by the parents to push it all under the carpet.

The little tart will walk away from this, and regardless of what her mum does in public, no doubt behind closed doors they do not give it a passing thought other than "I wish those commoners would take the money and go away". I really hope that one of the parents reject the money and insist on it going to court. Even then, she would be found innocent or guilty with extreme mitigating circumstances (I'm sure in Thai Law the defence of "Don't you know who my Daddy is" is accepted mitigation for anything. Worked for the the spawn of Chalerm after all.....).

Sunee, You have had too much SUN. From your post you havent followed the incident from the start.

There are a whole lot of Sh#t wrong things to do with this, apart from the stupid young woman, others are as guilty whoever owned the car--whoever gave her the keys-whoever taught her to disregard other peoples lives--you mentioned the licence--anything about driving without insurance, she will not be covered for much--500 baht---she wants that putting where monkey's put their nuts--and you for posting without thought of others in this terrible happening.

30,000 Baht is too much.

Case close.

If it looks like a troll and acts like a troll,its a troll.