Best Buys And Star Bargains Picked Up Over The Festive Period

tigerfish

so what were yours ?

i managed to pick up some decent Camembert cheese at 2 for the price of one, good back bacon imported in from waitrose (U.K.) that was reduced down to a 100 baht a pack and some good little Cumberland chipolatas reduced down to 50 baht a pack from 209 baht. all from central food world, but my best star buy had to be a fruit cake that i picked up in the same place. didn't hold out much hope on it, especially at the price being so cheap at 150 baht compared to others id seen. just fancied some at this time of year with a good bit of cheese though and pleasantly surprised i was ! moist, full of fruit and baked just right give it a nice crisp edge.

other things i picked up that are worth a mention.

smoke salmon readily available from most major outlets with some kind of discount or promotion attached. great little mince pies from the little Danish bake shop just tucked away behind villa supermarket on Sukumvit at 35 baht a pie, but hey it was Christmas. and finally two items that i usually buy anyway all through the year, porkies pork pies and chicken liver pate, both from villa.

oh and the white mont clair wine box wasn't bad either. nothing special, kept in the fridge and easily drinkable though.

Edited by tigerfish

Lanson chapagne at £12 a bottle......stop moaning mum you've only had to carry six bottles to my twelve! :ermm::D

I'm forever blowing bubbles......:lol:

sooooooooo jealous ! always miss my annual pilgrimage to oddbins situated under holborn viaduct on lower farringdon.

its like dying and going to heaven ! smile.gif

btw smokie old boy did you manage to pick up a ham for the new year ?

i would have asked my old govner to sort you out, but i know that if he had found out that a yid was try to buy a ham over the festive season he would have charged you double bubble. laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Lanson chapagne at £12 a bottle......stop moaning mum you've only had to carry six bottles to my twelve! :ermm::D

I'm forever blowing bubbles......:lol:

sooooooooo jealous ! always miss my annual pilgrimage to oddbins situated under holborn viaduct on lower farringdon.

its like dying and going to heaven ! smile.gif

btw smokie old boy did you manage to pick up a ham for the new year ?

i would have asked my old govner to sort you out, but i know that if he had found out that a yid was try to buy a ham over the festive season he would have charged you double bubble. laugh.gif

Finished by 11am I went to the market and picked up a lovely ham...smothered in beery wholegrain mustard and roasted for 4 hours.....funnily enough I'm having some now for breakfast....washed down with champagne while I wait for the pub to open for the old firm derby......its a wonderful life! :)

Interested to hear about the cheese at central btw....the cheeses on Samui are awful in general so might pop in there next xmas on my way south....