Girl Involved In Bangkok Tollway Accident Will Be Sent To A Home: Police

webfact

Van crash girl will be sent to a home: police

By The Nation

med_gallery_327_1086_44559.jpg

The under-aged driver of a sedan involved in a tollway crash that left nine van passengers dead will be sent to a home for girls after she acknowledges criminal offences to be filed against her on Wednesday, a senior traffic policeman said yesterday.

As a minor at 17 years of age, the girl would not be detained and therefore a request for temporary release on bail would not be needed. But she would be sent to a facility under the Department of Juvenile Observation and Protection, Pol Lt-Colonel Phithak Niyomphruek, a senior investigator at Vibhavadi Police Station in charge of the case, said yesterday.

Whether the girl's parents would be charged with a criminal offence depended on evidence compiled during the investigation process, the officer said.

One certain offence against the girl is causing multiple deaths and injuries through an act of carelessness, he said.

The condition of four people still in hospital was improving. Wissarut Pholasit was the first injured passenger to be allowed to return home.

Sunthorn Pitathanang, 40, and a relative of the dead van driver Naruemol, is recovering from an wound to his left shoulder, while Kanjanaphas Panyapraset, 23, is undergoing physical rehabilitation.

Waranyoo Katechoo, 20, is being treated for broken bones in the left shoulder, and undergoing physical rehabilitation, while Mohammad Sakeep, 31, from the Maldives, is now on crutches due to wounds on his left leg.

Sakeep said he forgave the girl after she apologised to him during a recent visit, but had this advice: "Be careful about travel during holidays, because Thais drink and drive."

The bodies of two victims, Sastra Chaothiang, a new PhD graduate, and Thammasat University law student Sudawadee Nillawan, were cremated yesterday in their home provinces of Ratchaburi and Ubon Ratchathani, respectively.

Neither the girl involved in the crash or her relatives attended. "There is no contact, message of apology, or even a wreath from them," said Pol Colonel Saran, Sudawadee's father.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-01-03

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear me. Its going the way my Thai friends are saying. In six months time this will be all forgotten and the girl with be back behind the wheel.

She felt she was an adult in driving a car, shame that the Authorities do not treat her likewise.

Neither the girl involved in the crash or her relatives attended. "There is no contact, message of apology, or even a wreath from them," said Pol Colonel Saran, Sudawadee's father.

'Dear me' again

Justice may not work so let's hope karma does. Going to a home - for what? Free TV, DVD, sleep? I would have the parents up on charges immediately and make a public example of them as they may not have been able to control their child but they certainly had knowledge of her breaking the law so is that not aiding and abetting a criminal act? Throw the book at them and then this stupid girl will be able to have a bit more to think about - incarceration of her parents AND the deaths on her hands.

Come on... does this whole thing will going on again. Wasn't yesterday not enough? People, get a life and stop to bash a 16 or 17 year old on an internet forum. If you want to do something useful then go out and spend your time telling others to repect their fellow traffic partners. Ask them to use seat belts (if available) when sitting next to them on a bus, talk to friends, whatever. This here does not change a thing other then giving you the chance to vent your personal frustration.

Think about it... how does third hand information and some pictures can make certain how this girl feels right now. If there is any human fibre left in her she will feel devastated that some many people lost their life because of her. That's human nature for (almost) all of us, rich or poor.

You (and me) have every right to demand that she is held responsible and that a court sentence will be found that shows her (and probably her mum and dad) that she made a big mistake. Not more, not less. Underage, first time offender... think about how this would be handled where you come from. Rather mild I guess...

Justice may not work so let's hope karma does. Going to a home - for what? Free TV, DVD, sleep? I would have the parents up on charges immediately and make a public example of them as they may not have been able to control their child but they certainly had knowledge of her breaking the law so is that not aiding and abetting a criminal act? Throw the book at them and then this stupid girl will be able to have a bit more to think about - incarceration of her parents AND the deaths on her hands.

That is in compliance with how the Thai system for juveniles works. Nice to see the government isn't screwing up on the any of the "technicalities" which so often cause cases to be "dismissed".

Dear me. Its going the way my Thai friends are saying. In six months time this will be all forgotten and the girl with be back behind the wheel.

She felt she was an adult in driving a car, shame that the Authorities do not treat her likewise.

'Dear me' again

Sadly, if those small tokens signifying nothing had been delivered it would skew how justice is meted out here. Patron offers client his own face time and the law be damned. Ugly as it can be at times, give me the adversarial justice system anyday.

Isnt one of her relatives a well known TV soap star? He will be a person of inluence or know some one who is which means this case will slowly disappear from the public attention. Maybe a few merit making ceremonies then all finished. This is Thailand.

I think she has enough help from people with influence. Her father and uncle maybe?

I wish some people would keep up.

Isnt one of her relatives a well known TV soap star? He will be a person of inluence or know some one who is which means this case will slowly disappear from the public attention. Maybe a few merit making ceremonies then all finished. This is Thailand.

Nisa will be pleased the MINOR will be sent to a holiday home, the poor little baby. All the family will be able to visit in private,------------------------more than they did at the funeral. sick isn,t it. Justice.....

Edited by ginjag

Come on... does this whole thing will going on again. Wasn't yesterday not enough? People, get a life and stop to bash a 16 or 17 year old on an internet forum. If you want to do something useful then go out and spend your time telling others to repect their fellow traffic partners. Ask them to use seat belts (if available) when sitting next to them on a bus, talk to friends, whatever. This here does not change a thing other then giving you the chance to vent your personal frustration.

Think about it... how does third hand information and some pictures can make certain how this girl feels right now. If there is any human fibre left in her she will feel devastated that some many people lost their life because of her. That's human nature for (almost) all of us, rich or poor.

You (and me) have every right to demand that she is held responsible and that a court sentence will be found that shows her (and probably her mum and dad) that she made a big mistake. Not more, not less. Underage, first time offender... think about how this would be handled where you come from. Rather mild I guess...

MILD??? you have to be joking. In my country she would be facing involuntary manslaughter charges, and more charges relating to driving underage and without a license. She would probably be detained in a juvenille detention center til she went to trial. If she was found guilty she would be returned to the juvenille detention center til she was 18 and then she would be transfered to a womens prison until she was elegible for parole.

Shunima, I think that the reason that people are "bashing the girl" on an interenet forum is that they can see this girl getting off scot free, it is more a case of people expressing there disgust at a system that allows that to happen.

Justice may not work so let's hope karma does. Going to a home - for what? Free TV, DVD, sleep?

If it's like girls' homes I'm familiar with it won't be much fun for her. In fact, with her background I suspect it would be intolerable.

In saying that, I'm not in any way knocking the care that administration and staff provide in these places, and the girls are often caring to each other as well (of course there's also theft and bullying), but they're tough places to live in.

That girl must not escape justice....no matter what, SHE MUST NOT ESCAPE JUSTICE.

I guess ther will be some resistance to let this case just be forgotten too quickly.

The bodies of two victims, Sastra Chaothiang, a new PhD graduate, and Thammasat University law student Sudawadee Nillawan, were cremated yesterday in their home provinces of Ratchaburi and Ubon Ratchathani, respectively.Neither the girl involved in the crash or her relatives attended. "There is no contact, message of apology, or even a wreath from them," said Pol Colonel Saran, Sudawadee's father.
Edited by pipo1000

"There is no contact, message of apology, or even a wreath from them," said Pol Colonel Saran, Sudawadee's father.

Maybe they didn't go because of the outrage shown yesterday after the mother turned up at the other funerals.

Seems the poor child is aging very quickly since the horror she created.According to the OP it seems she gets every day a year older.

This MINOR-KID-CHILD -could be 25 soon, my god, maybe she has the blue book and the owner of the civic, maybe she paid cash for the car. I have asked for all the details of ownership--age--NO-ONE can seemingly answer all --WHY--is the ownership classified ??????----is the I.D. details of the real age of the MINOR classified ?????....................is there anyone out there can get answer to these SIMPLE requests. surely forum could search---save a lot of argument, on--MINOR or not----OWNER or not...

This MINOR-KID-CHILD -could be 25 soon, my god, maybe she has the blue book and the owner of the civic, maybe she paid cash for the car. I have asked for all the details of ownership--age--NO-ONE can seemingly answer all --WHY--is the ownership classified ??????----is the I.D. details of the real age of the MINOR classified ?????....................is there anyone out there can get answer to these SIMPLE requests. surely forum could search---save a lot of argument, on--MINOR or not----OWNER or not...

If they are such simple requests, maybe you could do it yourself.

"There is no contact, message of apology, or even a wreath from them," said Pol Colonel Saran, Sudawadee's father.

Maybe they didn't go because of the outrage shown yesterday after the mother turned up at the other funerals.

1. Can you please share some details regarding ".......because of the outrage shown yesterday after the mother turned up at the other funerals."

2. Mother, brother, uncle have all commented, has anybody picked up any comment from the young girls father?

Thanks

I think it's time to reduce the adult age to 16 or younger now. I felt that the teenagers nowaday know everything and do not listen when the adults try to tell them something.

The most important right of a child is to be child, with all (ir)responsibilities and behaviour that comes with that.

I think it's time to reduce the adult age to 16 or younger now. I felt that the teenagers nowaday know everything and do not listen when the adults try to tell them something.

The most important right of a child is to be child, with all (ir)responsibilities and behaviour that comes with that.

16 years old and up is not a child, heck for many teenagers nowadays with all the hormones we eat, 14 is an adult. Not fully developped, but then again a NORMAL 14 yo is still more competent than any drunkard adult year old, 80-100 IQ adult etc etc.

Kids want to have sex, dress like adult, they dont wanna play games after they turn 14. They want to talk on the cellphones, use makeup, smoke and party. They should be treated accordingly. She definately did not want to be a child, she took adult responsibilities and failed to follow simple rules. She is not a child.

If a child was a mental state, 75% of this country would be considered a child and therefore unable to be held accountable for anything?

• Like 1

1. Can you please share some details regarding ".......because of the outrage shown yesterday after the mother turned up at the other funerals."

2. Mother, brother, uncle have all commented, has anybody picked up any comment from the young girls father?

Thanks

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4123185

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4123574

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4123598

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4123648

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4123983

That's from one thread on TV. I'm sure a few other posts were deleted.

edit: I made the comment because some people say the mother shouldn't have gone, but as soon as she doesn't go, the victims family ask why she didn't.

Edited by whybother

From what i read, they have a good name hiso wise, but being just a military man, they are prob not that rich. They saved a decent ammount of $ from bribes and all but would a rich little girl only have a cheap city and a room that i would not even stop in for a drink, especially not sleep in? All her pictures come from a ghetto apartment probably tops 2000 baht a month.

They probably have a lot of reason to stay away from funerals and from handing out $ to victim as they are draining their retirement funds. They were probably putting all their eggs on their daughter getting enough cosmestical surgery to be able to land a rich guy once she starts looking like a cute girl and not a little white mexican boy

16 years old and up is not a child, heck for many teenagers nowadays with all the hormones we eat, 14 is an adult. Not fully developped, but then again a NORMAL 14 yo is still more competent than any drunkard adult year old, 80-100 IQ adult etc etc.

Kids want to have sex, dress like adult, they dont wanna play games after they turn 14. They want to talk on the cellphones, use makeup, smoke and party. They should be treated accordingly. She definately did not want to be a child, she took adult responsibilities and failed to follow simple rules. She is not a child.

If a child was a mental state, 75% of this country would be considered a child and therefore unable to be held accountable for anything?

Yes, that is typical for children, to want to act like adults but not fully oversee the consequnces of their deeds. That is why we punish children differently than adults.

Kids want to have sex, dress like adult, they don't wanna play games after they turn 14. They want to talk on the cellphones, use makeup, smoke and party. They should be treated accordingly. She definately did not want to be a child, she took adult responsibilities and failed to follow simple rules. She is not a child.

This is your view, and I respect your view. However, I view it differently. I think they still just want to be kid at that age.