Frenchman Held For Raping 8-year-old Girl

george

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few immediate thoughts ....

Presumably the 8-year-old's father is nowhere on the scene, thus with the ex-BG mother in jail - what's going to happen to the little girl?  Hopefully somewhere in the extended family is a truly loving couple to take care of her, but I fear that she will simply be "fattened" and "matured" then returned back into prostitution to repay those who care for her for the next few years.

Have the police identified the 12-year-old and also arrested her parents, or at least investigated them?

And what was the involvement of the Condo staff while all this was going on?  Did they not get suspicious and report it, or did the infamous "not my business" mentality prevail?

Glad to see the boys in brown are earning their crusts lately and rounding up these alleged perverts with regularity.  Sooner they're all in clink the better.

edit - Oh yeah, almost forgot this - Somchai?  Another Somchai arrested for very serious crimes?  What is it about people with that name?  Seems like every second, murderer, rapist, procurer, pimp, thug, trafficker, and corrupt cop or politician's son is called Somchai ...... what's so popular about being "Mr Yes-Orange" anyway?

------

To the roving glamour model who tried to hijack the thread in the second posting - have you no empathy for the abused children of this region?  Your "near miss" with danger should have been the topic of a seperate thread, not a narcissistic "look at me" announcement on the back of this child's misery.

Gaz

I think 'Somchai' means 'proud to be male' or something like that, but yes I have often thought that it seems like most lunatics/criminal/bent policemen are called Somchai!

until the thai police force is completely reformed , re trained and professionalised from the top to the bottom ,then cases like this will continue to occur.

until thais are educated to have some sense of public responsibility as opposed to just closing their eyes to what goes on around them , then cases like this will continue to occur.

so long as the police , high ranking officials , the judiciary and the lawbreakers are joined at the hip in true siamese fashion then this country will always be a sleazy corrupt third world backwater where cases like this will continue to occur.

corruption is the root of the problem , and anyone who has paid off an official , at any level , be it to avoid a speeding ticket , to smooth over a transaction at a government dept , or a barowner who has greased a brownshirts palm and given him a free drink is as much to blame as anybody else for the perpetration of the disgusting moral decay of the police force and offialdom here.

when people stop paying , then corruption can no longer exist.

when the police do their job properly then cases such as the above will become rarer and rarer.

its ridiculous to imagine that this woman has been pimping out her daughter without the knowledge of many people around her.

this is thailand , the best place on earth according to so many posters in this and other forums.

Edited by taxexile

Maybe she was a good mother and needed cash not only for her treatment but to care for the kid.

better to take the kid to an orphanage or temple. sorry, but there is no way that this woman could be considered a good or concerned mother when she sells her child for sex. perhaps you have no idea how that scars a child for life, but it's an idiotic statement.

WhiteShiva

What if the law is not doing enough to protect children?  Should we  just ignore, turn a blind eye?

Nicker - I don't have all the answers. But if we don't believe the law is right, we should try to change the law. In Thailand, as in most other countries, the law is clear - pedophilia is a serious offence. The problem here (as I see it) is lax and selective enforcement of the law, corruption (you can often buy your way out of trouble), and a "mai pen rai" attitude of many people. As I mentioned in another thread on the subject, I also believe one trouble here is that it is still not "kosher" to talk about issues like child abuse and incest. There does not seem to be any public debate on the subject, no investigative journalism, etc. Hence many people are probably of the impressison that it is not a very common occurance. In addition, the victims will often feel guilt over what has happened, and be afraid or shy to ask for help. However, as I said, in Thailand it sadly appears to be a "non-issue".

I think what we can do immidiately is to tell our kids about "bad people", not to go with strangers, etc. And also to tell them that if somebody does something to them they don't like, they should inform you as a parent.

What else can we do? Anyone?

I'd like to respond to the post by bella 54330.

How can you try to compare your "sad and terrible" experience of being "hit on" by "royalty" with this poor 8 year olds problems?

You just another "model" who leads a very comfortable life but continues to complain about how tough it is for you.......

get a life....and don't try to make us feel sorry for you..

You will never have the misfortune the these poor children have in their lives..

Sickeningly ........"17 replies    1,347 views

Not sure what your point is here Elastic Nickers. I, like most others I'm sure, viewed this post because the article was sent to my e-mail address by George. If you are trying to suggest that by viewing the post we are potential molesters I take great offence :o

You seem to have a particular interest as you have posted 10 times on the thread.

Just out of coriousty have any of these cases been followed to see what happens to them.

Anyone have experience with something actually going through the system, without the pay off?

42 years in prison was the sentence in this case:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3905&st=0

Thanks gives a bit of hope

people (thais ) are reluctant to get involved here because the law is not on their side. the law is not on their side because the law can be bought.

a young girl being delivered to a farangs apartment in pattaya should have rung warning bells to the local people who were around .... the drivers , the duty guard , the cleaner , the som tam woman etc.

but to those people , it might have been a policeman who was doing the delivering , the young girl might have been "the property" of people with influence and no thai would want to be the one to interfere if that was the case. the recriminations would be a beating or worse.

here , you just dont get involved because you dont know what you might be getting involved in.

you might very well be reporting a crime , but you might be reporting a crime that is being carried out with the full knowledge of the police , in which case the law is definately not on your side and you are in for trouble.

i feel that corruption is at the root of it all , but now that the crime has been uncovered by the small task force dedicated to such offences , will there be any kind of investigation into police procedures to try and figure out why it had gone undetected previously , will the run of the mill sleazoid cops in their raybans be moved from useless roadblocks taking 100 baht from motorcyclists and cars and be employed in a more watchful and useful role in the community. ???

dream on.

they will continue to shakedown the long suffering public for chump change , because the evil is so ingrained and long standing and goes right to the top and nobody has come along yet who can change it.

Well Said Jack, I mean Gaz

Cheers

Vivek

I have a few immediate thoughts ....

Presumably the 8-year-old's father is nowhere on the scene, thus with the ex-BG mother in jail - what's going to happen to the little girl?  Hopefully somewhere in the extended family is a truly loving couple to take care of her, but I fear that she will simply be "fattened" and "matured" then returned back into prostitution to repay those who care for her for the next few years.

Have the police identified the 12-year-old and also arrested her parents, or at least investigated them?

And what was the involvement of the Condo staff while all this was going on?  Did they not get suspicious and report it, or did the infamous "not my business" mentality prevail?

Glad to see the boys in brown are earning their crusts lately and rounding up these alleged perverts with regularity.  Sooner they're all in clink the better.

edit - Oh yeah, almost forgot this - Somchai?  Another Somchai arrested for very serious crimes?  What is it about people with that name?  Seems like every second, murderer, rapist, procurer, pimp, thug, trafficker, and corrupt cop or politician's son is called Somchai ...... what's so popular about being "Mr Yes-Orange" anyway?

------

To the roving glamour model who tried to hijack the thread in the second posting - have you no empathy for the abused children of this region?  Your "near miss" with danger should have been the topic of a seperate thread, not a narcissistic "look at me" announcement on the back of this child's misery.

Gaz

Not sure what your point is here Elastic Nickers. I, like most others I'm sure, viewed this post because the article was sent to my e-mail address by George. If you are trying to suggest that by viewing the post we are potential molesters I take great offence :o

You seem to have a particular interest as you have posted 10 times on the thread.

The floor is yours

people (thais ) are reluctant to get involved here because the law is not on their side. the law is not on their side because the law can be bought.

a young girl being delivered to a farangs apartment in pattaya should have rung warning bells to the local people who were around .... the drivers , the duty guard , the cleaner , the som tam woman etc.

but to those people , it might have been a policeman who was doing the delivering , the young girl might have been "the property" of  people with influence and no thai would want to be the one to interfere if that was the case. the recriminations would be a beating or worse.

here , you just dont get involved because you dont know what you might be getting involved in.

you might very well be reporting a crime , but you might be reporting a crime that is being carried out with the full knowledge of the police , in which case the law is definately not on your side and you are in for trouble.

i feel that corruption is at the root of it all , but  now that the crime has been uncovered by the small task force dedicated to such offences , will there be any kind of investigation into police procedures to try and figure out why it had gone undetected previously , will the run of the mill sleazoid cops in their raybans be moved from useless roadblocks taking 100 baht from motorcyclists and cars and be employed in a more watchful and useful role in the community. ???

dream on.

they will continue to shakedown the long suffering public for chump change , because the evil is so ingrained and long standing and goes right to the top and nobody has come along yet who can change it.

I respect the fact that T.i.T. surely children should be protected.

Farang's duty??? Franags should?? what's all about this farnags farangs? why can't we be normal human beings? why do we always have to divide ourselves?

this division is one of the reasons us humans so pathetic things. The whole of the european community enslaved the asians and africans and treated thwm with the worst possible ways just because of this difference where they thought that they were superior than others.

pity after all this you still can't figure out why all this happenes in this world. Its not a case where a farang molested a thai girl child. Its a case of a man molesting a girl child.

taxexile as a farang you have a duty to the children.

Farangs have a duty to recognise the downfalls of the country.

Farangs could and should be protecting the children.

Aw wee diddleydums feeling offended?

You can take great offence, grate a fence, greetaffence, You are not important.

Strange that when some sicko tried to molest my brother when we were kids; despite us clearly being non white, and hime being an old white dude, no one noticed or cared - and that was not here.

I can think of many ways in which child molesting takes place around the world; it is well documented in pretty much the whole world that it occurs; so why are so many perpertrators able to get away with it? Mostly the smart ones have stories, gimics and so on to get away with a terrible crime; and in some places it is hard to stop - take all the debate on NAMBLA in the USA for instance, and their up again down again website (according to FOX news, never have had the interest to view it myself). This is not Thai specific; this is a worldwide problem.

However, due to complicity; tourism and other reasons, countries like Thailand can be a magnet, because it is easier to get away with, and it is sometimes possible to still wriggle out even when caught. Plus, from my experience with some foreigners here for the sex trade, they consider Thai people to be inferior, and therefore somehow justify that they are not doing anything wrong as a result - not right, but some people do feel that way.

More vigorous law enforcement will help, but for every major well promoted conviction, it makes the pedos a little more skeptical to come here, sadly the serial pedo will move onto the elsewhere like Cambodia or India, so it solves little.

It is truly tragic for the child though, no question.

Just out of coriousty have any of these cases been followed to see what happens to them.

Anyone have experience with something actually going through the system, without the pay off?

42 years in prison was the sentence in this case:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3905&st=0

This guy was only caught because the Obscene Images Unit (I think that is the name of the unit) from Greater Manchester Police found the images he was publishing on the Internet. They collected all the evidence and located him. The Thai police only arrested him because GMP and the British Embassy gave it to them on plate.

However the British authorities wanted to extradite him for prosecution in UK. The Thai police told us where to go fortunately, hence why he is doing 42 years here and not 10 in the UK.

Farang's duty??? Franags should?? what's all about this farnags farangs? why can't we be normal human beings? why do we always have to divide ourselves?

this division is one of the reasons us humans so pathetic things. The whole of the european community enslaved the asians and africans and treated thwm with the worst possible ways just because of this difference where they thought that they were superior than others.

pity after all this you still can't figure out why all this happenes in this world. Its not a case where a farang molested a thai girl child. Its a case of a man molesting a girl child.

taxexile as a farang you have a duty to the children.
Farangs have a duty to recognise the downfalls of the country.

Farangs could and should be protecting the children.

Someone correct me (farang is the normal Thai term for foreigner, irrespective of race.)

Nickerelastic - can't see what point you are trying to make here - it's disjointed, incoherent and not to put a too finer point on it - just plain stupid.

If you haven't anything constructive to say I for one would suggest you find somewhere else to waste your time.

However, due to complicity; tourism and other reasons, countries like Thailand can be a magnet, because it is easier to get away with....

It might be because so many parents in Thailand appear to have no moral guilt about selling their kids into prostitution. As we all know, in Thailand Money No. 1. Part of the Thai culture they are so proud of. It's amazing how many Thais think they are superior to the rest of the world, when in fact they are some of its biggest scum.