Solar Air To Roi Et

roiethome

I used the new service provided by Solar Aviation to fly from DM to Roi Et last Friday morning. This was by far the noisiest aircraft I had ever used in the past forty years,they even handed out cotton wool to put our ears, but this did little to help.

The cabin is as cramped as a minibus and the noise and vibration made the journey seem much mo nger than 90 minutes.

How I miss the jets of PB air which did the same journey in 45 minutes, also, Solar air fly unpressurised aircraft at lower altitude, so when there is bad weather they will not be able to rise above the weather resulting in some bumpy rides.

However, I was most impressed by their service, when they called me a week before to inform me that my return flight had been changed from 09-00 to 21-00 I told them that my flight to Manila departed at 15-00 the same day. No problem, they booked me on the morning flight from Khon Kaen with Thai airways and sent a cat to take me from Roi Et to Khon Kaen airport.

Full marks for customer service, if only they could do something about the noise............

I live in Roi-Et as well and dont fancy the car to KK & then plane to BKK. Dont fancy the VIP bus or a mini bus either. Far to dangerous...especially at night. I found that the times for Solar and the fact that the trip takes 1.5 hours not to great either. The noise aspect worries me. Come back PB Air or please come Air Asia! Anyway enough moans - try Mikes bar in Roi-Et. Great for meat to go and the company is not bad either.

Tell me what is the check in like for Solar air in BKK?

regards John Carter.

Check in at DM was no problem, the desk opened about one hour before departure. There is a smaller than usual baggage allowance, but I cannot remember the exact amount. No overhead bins in the plane, your bag is either on the floor between your feet, or on your lap.

On boarding they hand out a little bag containing a boxed fruit drink and a couple of buns.

Getting to the plane is fun, they call the first four rows to get on the minibus to the plane and then the remaining ten passengers on the second run of the minibus.

The flight is the most convenient and safest way between BKK and ROI but not sure how many times I will be able to take the noise on the plane.

Check in at DM was no problem, the desk opened about one hour before departure. There is a smaller than usual baggage allowance, but I cannot remember the exact amount. No overhead bins in the plane, your bag is either on the floor between your feet, or on your lap.

On boarding they hand out a little bag containing a boxed fruit drink and a couple of buns.

Getting to the plane is fun, they call the first four rows to get on the minibus to the plane and then the remaining ten passengers on the second run of the minibus.

The flight is the most convenient and safest way between BKK and ROI but not sure how many times I will be able to take the noise on the plane.

I've used the plane to Phrae a couple of times, apart from the noise, which you can block out (a little) using the earphones and recorded music, I found the trip to be quite enjoyable. Every seat is a panoramic window seat and the one and a half hour flight time is sooooooo much better than the bus or train. I liked the 0700 ETD and the 0830 ETA perfect for my business. My only complaint is the schedule...once a week up and once a week down....come on now!

I have used them a few times to/from Mae Sot. As stated, noisy, do need to use the headphones provide. For me it is far more preferable using this aircraft for a one hour flight rather than sitting on a bus for 8 hours. M.S. to Chiang Mai route starting soon. I will also make use of this service.

• 4 months later...

Just tried to book a flight to Roi Et on the Solar Website - result - no flights. Phoned the call centre and was told flights are suspended until next month as the aircraft require maintenance.