Renewal Of Driving License

Forkinhades

My driving license is up for renewal in June, however on the back it says can be renewed 3 months prior to expiry date. Now this was the fact 5 years ago, so is it still the fact now? As I was speaking to somebody recently and they said you can only renew 2 days before?

can anybody advise of current situation

thanks

When I renewed both my car and m/c licenses It was two days after the renewal date as I was waiting for my certificate of residence to arrive in the post. Not a problem, in fact my new licences were valued for six years less two days to fall back in line with my birthday, which is the renewal date!

Believe you can do it up to 90 days before hand

Suggest a look in the Motoring/Bikes here on TV, several threads on this, and each DLT seem to set their own rules.

Yep, in Ubon l could NOT renew beforehand, perhaps that has changed recently but last year no. ;)

The temporary one year DL must be renewed after it expires,

The five year DL can be renewed 3 months before, but go afterwards anyway because then you get six years since your birthday have already been.

Seems like all DLT now have been instructed to allow temp one year to be renewed before it expires, and the 5 year starts valid when one year expires and is valid for 5 years pluss time until your birthday

The five year DL can be renewed 3 months before, but go afterwards anyway because then you get six years since your birthday have already been.

this has now changed, I renewed my one year to a 5 year a few days early.

to the OP, remember to take a medical certificate with you, they asked me for one.

to the OP, remember to take a medical certificate with you, they asked me for one.

Had to renew my then 1 year license to a 5 year one a few months ago..we went a few days before it expired.

But was told to come back on the final day it expires and not a day before rolleyes.gif

Had to renew my then 1 year license to a 5 year one a few months ago..we went a few days before it expired.

But was told to come back on the final day it expires and not a day before rolleyes.gif

So I guess the regulation is that there is no regulation :D

It is a renewal of a 5 year license, which I believe can be renewed 3 months prior to expiry date, maybe that was not clear in the op.

A one year license has to be renewed much closer to the date