Koh Samui Walking Group?

rnr

Does anyone know details of a walking group here on Koh Samui please?

Where do they meet? How often? When?

Thanks for any advice.

there used to be a guy in the samui express who wrote about his weekly walks, not sure if he still writes those, but best just to do it use self,

Thank you for your comments people! I think the best advice is to just get out there and explore in lieu of any organised groups for hiking.

If i may butt in, i'd say take the Bike to the end of teh concrete Road at the back of Lamai as far behind the Temple as you can go & head inland & up into the interiror which would be West, South/West i believe..

Or into the Interior from the Namuang area..:)

Does Des Gillette, the Samui Express most famous " writer inner " post on here ??

I know he's into his walking..

I once went for a walk with Dirty Des's group and one poor fella dropped down dead, that was my first and last time :(.

This is Thailand! But what a way to start in the group....

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for any advice.

there used to be a guy in the samui express who wrote about his weekly walks, not sure if he still writes those, but best just to do it use self,

Yes there is a walking group in samui, we meet every wednesday between 8 to 8.15am outside 7/11 in Lamai. Des has now got a new

web page walksamui.blogspot.com, so if you need any info you should check out this site, the walks are brilliant, we usually walk around 20 to 25k, up into the mountains and the views from 600 meters are spectacular.i wish this info is useful for you.

Thanks for any advice.

Yes there is a walking group in samui, we meet every wednesday between 8 to 8.15am outside 7/11 in Lamai. Des has now got a new

web page walksamui.blogspot.com, so if you need any info you should check out this site, the walks are brilliant, we usually walk around 20 to 25k, up into the mountains and the views from 600 meters are spectacular.i wish this info is useful for you.

you've at least narrowed it down to a 1 in 20 chance of someone showing up at the right location.

that actually might be a good idea for a walking group, tell them you will meet at 7-11 and then leave it up to the group to find the right one. :D