Usa Visa For Thai Wife

Hello, I am looking for information on obtaining the correct visa for my Thai Wife to visit the USA. I am not looking for a settlement visa or a fiance visa (since already married legally in Thailand)

Just want to take her to USA visit family take and the tour you know. I am retired on a pension and USA citizen. I believe a tourist visa would be the best, but I have heard those are harder to get than the others. Any info from other USA men who gone through the visa for Thai wife for the same reason as me and were successful would be very much appreciated. She works as a office girl in BKK although salary is low 17,000 a month, she has family in BKK although they are lower middle class economically.

Thanks

Very important in your wife's application for a U.S. tourist visa is to establish YOUR status in Thailand. Retired, fine, include your passport when she goes in for the interview, with flag(s) on the pages with your "retirement" extensions. Include a SHORT cover note for her to take along stating that you're here in retirement and have been so for xxx period of time. You have any magazine subscriptions delivered here in your name? If so, take a couple along.

You bank here, take along your bank book.

She own a house, condo? She should take those papers along, too. Rent? Take along the lease, if you have one.

Own a car? Whose name?

Obviously, take along a letter from her employer that she'll have a job when she returns after the vacation.

FYI, reason for taking along your documents is to show that it's likely that YOU will be returning to Thailand after the vacation, and that if you return, it's presumed that your wife will also return with you.

Note, you'll not be allowed to accompany her to the interview window, that stopped a couple years back, so she should have the various documents in-hand when she goes.

This has worked for my wife through two short-term visa and one 10-year visa prior to our marriage, and one 10-year visa after we got married. The interviewing ConOff only really looked at my passport, not the other documents we had available.

Mac

You didn't post whether YOU live in Thailand and if you have extension of stay (for marriage or retirement). I'll assume both are yes so:

Should be very easy to get her a tourist visa. If you are married, live in Thailand, and YOU have an extension of stay (or Non OA Visa) that should be sufficient.

If you were married but you worked outside Thailand and didn't have an extension of stay (or Non OA Visa) it would be a lot harder.

You have to go to the Embassy website and do the visa application online and to request and appointment for interview.

I did it a few years ago with no problems.

My wife went through it last year (January 2010) She received a 10 year TV on her first try. Many factors will influence your wife's approval. Although my wife had consistent deposits of 12,000 baht per month for about 2 years prior to applying The Con off didn't even look at my wife's financial records nor did they look at mine ( Wasn't much to look at anyway!)

Our situation was:

1. Married (registered) 2 year prior to applying

2. I had been living and working here (Thailand) for 2 years up to that point.

3. We have a son together who shares dual citizenship

Every situation is different. I think that it is good to supply them with more than enough paperwork. Something that you may pass off as irrelevant may be very relevant to them. Keeping your paperwork in some kind of order helps too.

Good luck! Mizzi

Edited by mizzi39

Any way to get my finacee to the states on a tourist visa? I will retire to Thailand in about a year. I can only go one or two weeks at a time twice a year to Thailand. She would like to come and visit the USA for a few months this year. She and I want to live in Thailand. Not the USA.

Thanks.