Re Entry Permit Bkk Airport

It has probably been discussed already, but I may need to make a quick trip home over the weekend but don't have time today to organise a re-entry permit through the local office.

I have a non B with work permit and wondered if you can apply for a re-entry permit or multiple re-entry upon departure at the airport.

I read some news articles about it, but it did not make sense

"Once they have filed the application at the airport, foreigners still need to submit an e-mail inquiry one day in advance and then on the following day visit the immigration offices in Soi Suan Plu, or the Chaeng Wattana Government Centre, to submit photographs and make payment."

Okay, I'm still confused about this part of the OP:

I read some news articles about it, but it did not make sense

"Once they have filed the application at the airport, foreigners still need to submit an e-mail inquiry one day in advance and then on the following day visit the immigration offices in Soi Suan Plu, or the Chaeng Wattana Government Centre, to submit photographs and make payment."

How can they visit Suan Phlu/Chaeng Wattana (either one?) the next day, if they are already exiting the country?

And, is it required to "submit an e-mail inquiry one day in advance?" If so, to whom does one send the e-mail?

Obviously they can not and the on-line publication making that statement may be contacted if you wish to do so - a quick Google will find it. It appears the writer combined the new information with the old on-line application procedure for Sun Phlu and come up with that.

Post 2 provided a link to the correct information.

It appears to be a mix up of 2 or 3 different possibilities.

1. (not advised, unless you have to) get a re-entry permit last minute at the airport, bring a passport photo with you.

2. apply for a re-entry permit at cheang wattana or suan plu immigration stations withh photo

3. apply for a re-entry permit online with suan plu and pick it up the next day in person and with a photo

— You could apply a re-entry permit at every checkpoint. However at Suvarnabhumi Airport Checkpoint would provide this service if necessary depend on officers approval.— For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.) — Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

See: http://www.immigration.go.th/

Forget about applying at every check point. use your own immigration office!