How Can I Find Out Who Is The Landlord?

I have spotted a well-located, retail property that is currently under utilised by the present tenant. Of course the present tenant won't tell me who the landlord is. Does anybody know how I could find out the name and address of the landlord so that I can approach them directly. Does such thing as a land registry exist in Thailand? What about property tax records?

I have spotted a well-located, retail property that is currently under utilised by the present tenant. Of course the present tenant won't tell me who the landlord is. Does anybody know how I could find out the name and address of the landlord so that I can approach them directly. Does such thing as a land registry exist in Thailand? What about property tax records?

if you know somebody who can speak TH , so call 183 u will know the the address and landload's name

183 = phone helpdesk that u can ask where is the address by u tell them the phone number or you can ask the phone number by tell them the address

Bambi :o

ps i mean local phone number ...not cell phone

Edited by BambinA

Thanks BambinA

I don't quite follow:

Who does 183 phone helpdesk represent and why would they know the landlord's name?

if you know somebody who can speak TH , so call 183 u will know the the address and landload's name

183 = phone helpdesk that u can ask where is the address by u tell them the phone number or you can ask the phone number by tell them the address

Bambi :o

ps i mean local phone number ...not cell phone

The best way would be to get a local Lawyer who is conected at the land office, most commercial lawyers in Thailand have good relations with the land officers. A small payemnt to the lawyer for his services, and ofcourse a small payemnt to the land officer will get you the awnsers you are looking for.

If you can find out the land title deed number for the property, you could do it yourself with the aid of a Thai speaker. Anyone is allowed to look at the land titles, you do not need permission.

Thanks BambinA

I don't quite follow:

Who does 183 phone helpdesk represent and why would they know the landlord's name?

183 is the phone company(Gov)...so if the landload have phone so it's registed there .. with his name (or atleast the home's name) .... for address it'd be registed there 4 sure (local phone)

Bambi

ps..imagine about yellow pages ..same same (but diff)

Edited by BambinA