Mex Appliances

Greenside

Just started to look at gas hobs and electric ovens. I want a four burner hob if possible but the choice seems a bit limited because I guess they're not so popular here.

One possibility is branded "Mex" which unsurprisingly I've never heard of - does anyone have experience of their equipment they'd like to share? Also a decent electric fan assisted over with a grill element at the top - no bells, whistles or timers required, just even heat and a solid build. Wish I could bring my old four oven Aga over!

Mex, Italian brand name, bought by the much larger, cant remember the name of this Italian, a decade ago. Good quality.

But Spanish Fagor is at least as good, and have very good after sales in LOS, have become my favorit.

Prices similar

Thanks for that. I just found out today that Mex is a brand of SMEG and looking at their offering in Global House it turns out they have a 4 burner hob, oven and extractor hood which look like decent designs (no bells and whistles and easy to clean!). The sales guy volunteered that they would discount if I purchased the three items, "maybe 5%" he said. Cost of all three comes to about 33,000 before any arm twisting for a discount.

Mex, Italian brand name, bought by the much larger, cant remember the name of this Italian, a decade ago. Good quality.

But Spanish Fagor is at least as good, and have very good after sales in LOS, have become my favorit.

Prices similar

Thanks for that. I just found out today that Mex is a brand of SMEG and looking at their offering in Global House it turns out they have a 4 burner hob, oven and extractor hood which look like decent designs (no bells and whistles and easy to clean!). The sales guy volunteered that they would discount if I purchased the three items, "maybe 5%" he said. Cost of all three comes to about 33,000 before any arm twisting for a discount.

SMEG it is, and Siemens and SMEG have some identical products in LOS