Rain Today

sunholidaysun1

Got up early this morning 5:30 , I was awoken by RAIN ? Is this rare for the time of year ? I think so , I cant remember it raining before at this time of year. Over the past few days there have been spots of rain throughout the day on and off but this morning it was a 1.5 hr non-stop down pour , everything has had a good soaking and should clear the air as well as all the dust for a while. Its 7am now and it has stopped. I just hope people take care going to work today , the roads will be slippery .

Still raining gently out here. Looks like its set in for the day.

last year or was it the year before, it stopped raining in November and didn't start again until March.

Unusual I don't know. I don't need to get the Hosepipe out today

Its been unusually mild also for this time of year , normally its very cold with lots of fog in the morning and throughout the night but this year apart from one cold spell back in late November , I think its been the warmest cold season for a few years. Day time has been quite warm with several days being HOT. so this possibly accounts for the rain we are getting now, warm air meeting the cold air . Im sure there are a few weather experts in the Rai , we have for everything else :D

If my memory is still working I think the dry season starts about the end of November and usually runs through to just after Songkran in Early April, sometimes a little bit before . But it was very nice seeing the rain this morning . I have a feeling its going to be very hot this year with very little rain in the wet season to follow. Cant be much left up there as I think Australia have everyone elses supply for the year.

last year or was it the year before, it stopped raining in November and didn't start again until March.

You were right Jubby , its been a very wet day in the Rai, the clouds have been sitting low . I spent the day in bed , a nice sleep was had by us all :D

You were right Jubby , its been a very wet day in the Rai, the clouds have been sitting low . I spent the day in bed , a nice sleep was had by us all :D

Yes Indeed Sunny. Its british weather gave my pecker a new lease of life too. Nice sleep was had by you all !? ... Shouldn't that be 'Nice sleep was had by us both ' B) !?

Or are you still out with your gambling friends ? :D

I travelled from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai tpday. A nice drive in the occasional gentle rainwith only light traffic however I saw 5 accidents where people lost control andran off the road. Why cannot people drive to the road conditions.

I travelled from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai tpday. A nice drive in the occasional gentle rainwith only light traffic however I saw 5 accidents where people lost control andran off the road. Why cannot people drive to the road conditions.

tend to get that without the rain on that trip. Question is still valid though for sure :(

It rained where I am again from 7pm last night , quite heavy at times . I was still awake at 3am and still raining. Was told that the rain stopped about 5:30 am , so a lot of rain for this time of year , maybe the wet season has started very early ? It could also mean a very long HOT - Hot season :D

It rained where I am again from 7pm last night , quite heavy at times . I was still awake at 3am and still raining. Was told that the rain stopped about 5:30 am , so a lot of rain for this time of year , maybe the wet season has started very early ? It could also mean a very long HOT - Hot season :D

or it could mean nothing :)

Never stopped raining here. the sky looks like its just about to clear up. hope someone's crops can take advantage of it.

I'm not sure it cleared the air, everyone and his dog was out burning whatever they could.

Yes, it rained here aswell in Udon Thani and i was wondering if another parts of thailand also have rain too haha yes its just weird raining at this time its freakin cold, u guys take care ok dont get a cold :) I prolly visit chaing rai in the middle of the year hope it isnt too hot :)

Kit

Thanks for concerns about our health, I sometimes suspect we have members without enough sense to come in out of the rain. :lol:

We'll look forward to your visit Kitiya... B)

No problem :) my hands and feet are cold now 16c. is cold for us thai :) guess u guys farang dont find it cold :P

Edited by kitiya1980

Thanks for concerns about our health, I sometimes suspect we have members without enough sense to come in out of the rain. :lol:

We'll look forward to your visit Kitiya... B)

No problem :) my hands and feet are cold now 16c. is cold for us thai :) guess u guys farang dont find it cold :P

Cool maybe, cold never. ;) Never seen it cold in Thailand except at 100 km/h on the MC this time of year.:D