Forum upgrade in progress! ×

121 Fishing Park, Bangkok

zoso

Yesterday driving along Ramindra Road, Bangkok saw this fishng pond. Drove in to have a look.

The pond is quite large and there were many Thais fishing. Spoke with the owner and cost of fishing is 100baht per rod there are mekongs,siamese carps,featherbacks,snakeheads and barramundis.

The address is 121, Ramindra Road and contact number is 0818487261

Have anyone fish in this pond?

post-110955-0-12516700-1294625986_thumb.

post-110955-0-92488500-1294626015_thumb.

post-110955-0-02636900-1294626039_thumb.

post-110955-0-71016800-1294626062_thumb.

Edited by zoso

• 3 weeks later...

After some research, bought 2 pole fishing rods, an umbrella,foldable chair and had my first pole fishing experience. Just a pole rod, a rod stand,a pencil float,line and hook with bait. Great fun watch the float blobbing up and down just strike and fight the fish. There are big head carp,rohu,lei hei all average at 1 to 3 kg.

There are 2 ponds the bigger pond-you can bring home fishes below 3kg- have mekongs,sawai,rohu,featherbacks,cahos,pla nim and the smaller pond for pole fishing which is CnR.

Bait for sale are lum,dead PRAWNS and live worms. Food is reasonable.

The cost of whole day fishing at big pond is 100baht and 40baht for pole fishing.

GPS 13 48' 59" N 100 42' 41"E

post-110955-0-06253300-1296267053_thumb.

post-110955-0-75422000-1296267082_thumb.

post-110955-0-40276500-1296267106_thumb.

Edited by zoso

After some research, bought 2 pole fishing rods, an umbrella,foldable chair and had my first pole fishing experience. Just a pole rod, a rod stand,a pencil float,line and hook with bait. Great fun watch the float blobbing up and down just strike and fight the fish. There are big head carp,rohu,lei hei all average at 1 to 3 kg.

There are 2 ponds the bigger pond-you can bring home fishes below 3kg- have mekongs,sawai,rohu,featherbacks,cahos,pla nim and the smaller pond for pole fishing which is CnR.

Bait for sale are lum,dead PRAWNS and live worms. Food is reasonable.

The cost of whole day fishing at big pond is 100baht and 40baht for pole fishing.

GPS 13 48' 59" N 100 42' 41"E

Good to hear from you, i used to do a lot of pole fishing back in Holland. It was the standard fishing we used it to catch bait fish and i started when i was only 8 or 9 going to small streams near my home. Great fun, i have a pole here too but there are many much better ones as the one i have now. Can you believe that back in my country some of those poles are 12-14meters :P. My experience with pole fishing was the thinner the line and the smaller the hook and float the more fish you caught.

Good fun for you ill be fishing in 3 more days then i have a bit more free time.

Does 121 fishing rent poles or rods forthe day?

I'd love to take my son fishing there but I'm not too excited about spending lots of moeny on fishing gear!

Checked with them this afternoon and the pond rent pole rods and fishing tackles for 50baht for a day fishing but they are not impressive.

ive been to this fishing park and to be honest its pretty dire , if you want somewhere to test your pole , around that area you should check out bung buk , on sukhabibaan 5 ,soi 82.

It's a very nice water , and at 150 baht a day it,s a real steal.

ive been to this fishing park and to be honest its pretty dire , if you want somewhere to test your pole , around that area you should check out bung buk , on sukhabibaan 5 ,soi 82.

Ok thanks. What are the fishes for pole fishing?

Ok thanks. What are the fishes for pole fishing?

I mainly target the carp species they have in there ,just got back from there , today got 3 yeesok around 3,4 kilo and nuan jan ,grass carp .

if you pm me i will send you a link i think you will be interested in

• 3 weeks later...

You can pick up a cheap 2.5 -3.5m whip for 200-300 Baht. I had one that I had used on and off for years that finally gave up the ghost. I bought a replacement one month ago for 250 Baht. I have never needed to shell out much more for a short pole (whip). In any case the high tech whips are not easy to get here in Thailand. I always carry two or three with me when I go fishing. When waiting for bites on my main rod I wile away the time whip fishing. In fact I prefer whip fishing. Great fun. But note I am not talking about those massive 12 meter roach poles they use for competition fishing now back in the UK.

Google "whip fishing" for more info.