Travel From Thailand To Tachilek

hi

just would like to check from anyone now the latest charge for border crossing from Thailand maesai to tachilek? i remembered few years ago i had to pay like 500 thb to the Myanmar immigration to stay in tachilek for a day.

is there other option i can stay in tachilek for few days? will Myanmar immigration also calculate the visa fee per day basis or the rate is different? (e.g. 3 days x 500 thb) ?

best regards

Edited by qsecofr

I recall that you could get a 14 day visa at the border but it only permitted travel to Mong La & Kengtung. Used to cost US$10 but must be more now obviously.

The pass you get at the border is only a day-pass. Never heard of it being extended, or indeed of anyone wanting it extended.

Other than that I reckon you would require a proper visa from the Burmese embassy in Bangkok.

qsecofr

re ... is there other option i can stay in tachilek for few days?

in feb 06 yes coz i did it . today ? after the troubles .. ive no idea

all i had to do to get a visa for i think 14 days was to fill out a form in the normal passport stamping room

wait about an hour for the visa which i think was about 750 baht and i stayed there having a look round for

three or four days but you are not allowed to go more than 25 miles from tachilek town

if you want to travel on through to china you have to get a visa from a myanmar embassy only

and i was told it would take a month in 06

dave2