Indian Consulate

my friend I

Look at your map that shows the square of the old city [the moat]

There is a gate on the center of the East Wall which is Thapae Gate

The Street that runs from this gate , East to the super highway is Thapae Rd.

If you were on the super highway at the intersection with what would be the extension of Thapae Rd, {this road out by the superhighway is named Charoen Muang Rd.] you would turn to the west, going towards the old city.

Approx a half kilometer west of the super highway you will come to a traffic light directly infront of The Chiang Mai Railway Station

You would turn right [or north] at this light, this is Tung Hotel Rd

about a half kilometer on your left [West side of this st is the India Consulate.

Directly across from the large Industrial Exhibition Center.

If you see the TOT office, you've gone too far, turn around

G

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=111916272184137815000.0004701ef38b2bb76248d&ll=18.810037,99.0

If you type THUNG HOTEL ROAD into the Search Space it will turn up the WAT and 200 metres further South is The Indian Consulate opposite, on the right.

You are coming down from Chiang Rai on the 118, so, go straight across the intersection with the SuperHighway and 600 metres AFTER the Superhighway (down Kaeo Nawarat Road) you come to traffic lights where many cars turn right into town at PHARMA CHOICE (big greenish building on your right). TURN LEFT here at THUNG HOTEL ROAD and its just over 1 km south on the RIGHT

Edited by Asmerom

Just had a look at the photos I used in August and they are white background.

One other pointer that maybe you are aware of is if you are after a double entry tourist visa they now require a letter explainimg as to why as well as a reference within India. I just scribbled a paragraph out there and then and listed a name and a phone number that I had handy which was accepted so nothing major and maybe this requirement varies but that was my experience in August last year.

I can handle these extras requirements but the 2 months out of country before being allowed to re-enter I wish they would abolish.

Thanks for mentioning the 'new' regulations as just had a look and now as well as 2 months between visits there also needs to be a month between visa expiry and issuance of another which means I have to go in 8 days before I had planned on my existing visa which can be a pain when one is lumbering 3 ton of fishing gear about. Sod it.