Israeli air strike kills one Palestinian in Gaza

News_Editor

Israeli air strike kills one Palestinian in Gaza

2011-01-12 01:48:52 GMT+7 (ICT)

GAZA (BNO NEWS) -- The Israeli Air Force (IAF) on Tuesday killed one Palestinian after an air strike operation in the southern Gaza Strip, the Jerusalem Post reported.

The IAF operation was conducted in retaliation for the latest round of missiles fired at Ahskelon in southern Israel. The IAF strike on Tuesday killed a Palestinian man who was riding a motorcycle in southern Gaza.

Gaza emergency services identified the deceased as 25-year-old militant Mohammed A-Najar, who was killed instantly. A-Najar was suspected of planning terrorist attacks and launching rockets at Israel with militant cells.

On Monday, three rockets from the Gaza Strip struck the Ashkelon region just hours after the IAF hit two sites in Gaza. The recent operations in Gaza are being executed in retaliation against a rise in rocket and mortar attacks by Palestinian militants from the Gaza Strip.

However, Israel said last week that data from 2010 showed a drop in terrorist attacks. On Sunday, Hamas announced that it has begun talks with militant factions, urging them to stop firing rockets into Israeli territory as it is feared that the Jewish country may be considering another military offensive.

In the winter of 2008-2009, Israel launched a surprise airstrike against the Gaza Strip which marked the beginning of a three-week military conflict between Israel and Hamas, killing nearly 1,500 people and leaving thousands more injured and displaced.

In 2010, the Israeli Security Agency reported a total of 150 rocket launches from the Gaza Strip towards Israel. It represented a significant drop from 569 launches in 2009.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-01-12

These IAF guys are pretty good if they can identify a militant at night riding his motorcycle down the road in south Gaza. I guess he has "militant" spray painted in florescent orange on the back of his black leather jacket. I guess it is possible. Technology has come a long ways since the days I was doing this kind of stuff.

Nice of Gaza emergency services to help in identifying this guy and his motives.

These IAF guys are pretty good if they can identify a militant at night riding his motorcycle down the road in south Gaza. I guess he has "militant" spray painted in florescent orange on the back of his black leather jacket. I guess it is possible. Technology has come a long ways since the days I was doing this kind of stuff.

Nice of Gaza emergency services to help in identifying this guy and his motives.

I think you will find it is more the use of HUMINT [Human Intelligence] i.e people on the ground identifying these indivduals as targets. As would be the case in the majority of drone attacks by US elements in Waziristan, Pakistan. A real 'balls out' job. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: