Change From Workpermit To Retirement Visa

Maybe asked 1000 times before, but ...

My workpermit will be cancelled soon, and I understand I can change to retirement extension of stay.

Immigration at Laksi want to see first the existing Non-Imm. cancelled in my passport.

The moment I get this done with the help of my present employer, I get 7 days to leave the country.

I hope this 7 days will be enough to get the retirement extension?

If I bring all the required papers, will they issue the same day?

After a telephone inquiry they did not mention that I should bring a medical certificate and a proof of no criminal record, as the mention on the website.

Any experience or advice pls?

You do not get 7 days when your current permision to stay ends.

Assuming you are currently on an extension obtained from Immigration you have leave the country on the day your employment finishes or apply for a 7 day extension 1,900 Baht.

As for the retirement extension you do not need a medical or a police report.

2.22 In the case of a retiree: Permission will be granted for a period of not more

than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

On what website? Immigration does not require police checks for extensions of stay. That is a requirement for Consulate issued long stay O-A visas.

The seven days must be requested and a TM.7 form filed at 1,900 baht as there is no grace time after you cancel extension of stay.

If ready I expect it can be done in one day.

Dear Both members, thanks for fast reply.

I don't understand now how to manage.

Immigration at laksi first want to see present Non-Imm with workpermit cancelled.

I don't want to leave the country.

How to maneg to get the retirement extension if officially I have to leave the country?

Or where to get a 7 days extension?

You report to immigration with letter from employer that employment has ended. Immigration cancels your extension of stay. You apply for a new 7 day extension of stay to clear up loose ends. You apply for one year retirement extension of stay.

If they say you can not do that way you exit country to obtain some type of entry and if non immigrant O just do the one year extension of stay. If visa exempt or tourist you obtain/change for 2,000 baht first and then do the extension of stay.