Where Do I Look For Townhouses In Pattaya?

electrozebra

I am due in Pattaya over the Chinese New Year and would like some guidance on where to look for Town Houses. Thai or Farang owned. I have plenty of furniture.

I want a place 7,000 Baht or less p.m. and to stay for a long time. Somewhere not too far out - say within 6 kms of Beach Road.

For example Sukhumvit off the top of Pattaya Klang would be OK for distance, but the Hospital on the way out of Pattaya is too far out.

I do not know the Pattaya area well as I have only visited the odd times in the past, so anyone with experience in these matters, could you please post some helpful ideas? Maybe there are some hidden gems tucked away?

it is my intention to hire a motorcycle while I am there to look around. I have a satnav to help and a Thai translator if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Think you will be lucky to get something on the Brightside for that,but the Darkside should provide. Look on Friendship ,Foodland, Carrefour Tesco notice boards.

Get something in writing about water damage too or you will be paying for it,we were lucky in this region last monsoon,luck may not hold out this time and

do not rent in low lying areas

I think u will have a problem trying to get a town house foir 7,000 baht max.Rentals are increasing but good luck and the East side is your only chance.Make certain the house isnt close to a karaoke bar,thats what u might get for 7,000 or less.

Yeah no doubt about it rental prices are being pushed up on the 'bright side' due in main to lang over paying. OP Try the soi's off soi Chayada (heading to sukhumvit from beach rd on pattaya tai take the last left before third rd)

should be around 7K-10K. Also soi arunotai soi's 7 9 and 11. I pay around your price range for a 2bed 1bath thai kitchen tv room carport my neighbours opposite pay 5k for a 2bed 1 bath thai kitchen tv room and carport, to my left they pay 4k for a 2bed 1bath tv room, there is a little house going for 3k 1bed 1 bath living area (bigish building split into 3 units).

Edited by gorillagrower

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many around but dont go through agents is my advice as they bump the rate up, I know you said you didnt know Pattaya well but best thing to do is go around the areas you think you want to stay and you will see for rent signs and phone numbers etc, then go and look at a few first.

This is very interesting. As a follow-up question:

Does anyone know of a townhouse, or any kind of house (in Jomtien or South Pattaya preferably) TO BUY for about 2 milion baht? Don't mind a place that needs a lot of work or renovation...

Thanks!

Have a look at "The Village" on 3rd road should be able to get a place for 1.5-2 million there.

"Town houses" I have seen in Pattaya are not like the ones in the West. They're more cramped, with no building codes; thus, owners can add on to the front as they desire; not much privacy in the front area which is usually a driveway with no yard; and noisy. True, more value for the baht. Be careful what you rent or buy.

This is very interesting. As a follow-up question:

Does anyone know of a townhouse, or any kind of house (in Jomtien or South Pattaya preferably) TO BUY for about 2 milion baht? Don't mind a place that needs a lot of work or renovation...

Thanks!

Have a look at "The Village" on 3rd road should be able to get a place for 1.5-2 million there.

Some of these places here have been up for sale for two years or more,a depressing place

Listen to toenail in Thailand a "town house" means that you share two walls with your neighbors

I rented one on the other side of Sukumvit across from Pattaya Tai and was absolutely miserable

Had roosters crowing in the back at dawn, baby crying all night to the left, and Thai people pounding their food to the right, next to my bedroom

The smell of Thai food cooking in the front all day long :bah:

Just bit the bullet and lost my two month rental deposit and never looked back

There are so many around but dont go through agents is my advice as they bump the rate up, I know you said you didnt know Pattaya well but best thing to do is go around the areas you think you want to stay and you will see for rent signs and phone numbers etc, then go and look at a few first.

Excellent point. We moved here in 2009. We first looked at places on the internet...and man, were they different in person! Shocking.

We ended up driving around, looking at a bunch of places, calling numbers on the signs. What's interesting is you will see a lot of places that are not listed anywhere. Even the developments are not listed anywhere. Especially true for places are you leave Central Pattaya.

The Village on Third Road.

And there's a moobahn of townhouses to the East of Third Rd. go along the soi opposite Excite / behind Cherry's and it's there. Can't remember the name though and have no idea of the prices.

La Bella Casa on Soi Bongkot? Or LK Villas on the same soi?