When Will Thai Government Will Start Governing

givenall

It seems like the merchant and the Red Shirt are left by themselves to negotiate the Red demonstration in Ratcharosong. And of course we all know they are breaking the law and government who is supposed to govern is nowhere to be found.

I am really disappointed in Ahbisit government just caring about looking nice and give impression he is a good PM but I do not see him making any controversial and hard decision.

Going back to the title, Thailand need a pm who governs and not just sit around and let the country go down as the Red shirt are intending

I think I saw a report in B. Post some time ago.

Based upon a poll from from people representing various political, economical, age groups, and geographical areas, he was actually recognized as a fairly strong leader.

Even the political opposition recognized that.

Will probably lose the next election anyhow.

And we are back to square one.

Do you think their coalition partners will stop backing them after the next election? That's the only way they won't be there.

Hard to tell these days, since the smaller parties seem to change their political agenda according to what they get in return.

didn't win power, doesn't deserve power, made no progress whilst in power,

they will be gone soon then we can all look forward to another coup when those nasty poor people take power again :rolleyes:

"didn't win power" - They won power in the same way as the TRT and PPP - by getting a coalition together.

"doesn't deserve power" - Does any Thai politician deserve power?

"made no progress whilst in power" - it's a bit difficult to make progress when you have major protests ruining the economy every 6 months.

By nasty poor people, do you mean the poor Mr Thaksin?

didn't win power, doesn't deserve power, made no progress whilst in power,

they will be gone soon then we can all look forward to another coup when those nasty poor people take power again :rolleyes:

Perhaps "random" needs to be reminded that in a parliamentary democracy, the PM is elected by parliament. That the dems actually got a few more votes than the now defunct PPP. That the PPP could have dissolved parliament and called new elections (but didn't want to cave to mob PAD pressure, or conversely thought that Newin would stay paid for? ... we call that hubris)

So what do we have now? A legal government legitimately elected (even Sean B. the English language UDD spokesman admitted this in an Al Jazeera interview.)

I know that the system can be hard to understand --- but it is simply a fact that Abhisit is legit and whining about a legal parliamentary vote is just sour grapes.

post-4271-0-48107600-1295281745_thumb.jp