A Fun Sprint Triathalon In Chaingrai

soap

A Fun Sprint Triathlon in Chaingrai

A Sprint Triathalon consisting of 750 meter swim, 20 km bicycle ride and 4 km run will be held on Saturday February 12, 2011. The swimming part will be done at the old Chiang Rai Sports Club and the rest at the Kennedy house in the Santiburi complex. This is a fun event and everyone is invited to join in. Some people compete in all three events. Others form teams with different people doing different portions of the race while still others do one or two of the three activities as individuals. A lot of people just come to cheer and help in the organization. The last time this event was organized in Chiangrai (November 2010) there were 37 participants of whom 11 did all three legs of the race.

There will be a fee of 100 Baht per adult and 50 Baht per child to cover the cost of lunch. The swimmers will need to contribute another 40 Baht to cover the cost of the pool.

All those interested in attending should contact SOAP giving your email address to indicate in which events they would like to compete. This will greatly help in the organization and food. If you PM SOAP we will then send out an information email providing more details about the organization including driving instructions and times.

First time I heard about this event there was some praying involved by some missionairies. That made my interest go down 100%. I do not understand the connection between sportevents and religion.

This was from the first information about the event:

"Those of you with religious allergeries may be forewarned that there will probably be a prayer offered by a missionnary friend before the first event (swimming) and at the end before breakfast."

So mr soap, will the missionary still be around?

:ermm::unsure:<_<

Sounds like a good event, but unfortunately it's too far away for me to participate. I hope someone will consider organizing one down south.

Just out of curiosity, are you using an olympic size pool? If so, how are you going to handle the swimming if you have more than 20 swimmers?

Good luck with your event!

I believe the swimmers will go in relays

First time I heard about this event there was some praying involved by some missionairies. That made my interest go down 100%. I do not understand the connection between sportevents and religion.

This was from the first information about the event:

"Those of you with religious allergeries may be forewarned that there will probably be a prayer offered by a missionnary friend before the first event (swimming) and at the end before breakfast."

So mr soap, will the missionary still be around?

:ermm::unsure:<_<

The events are being organised by two long time Chaingrai expats who are not missionaries.

It would take a miracle rather than a minutes prayer for me to attempt the course

• 1 month later...

A week ago i participated for the first time in the chiangrai fun triathlon.

I would like to say a very big "thank you" to the organizing team.

Everyone had a fantastic time. Looking forward to see you all again

next year.

Btw: My sporting goals have not been fulfilled, i did a very poor

performance. But who cares, it was nice to be a part of this event

and to meet some new people.