New Pirelli Tyres And Small Exhaust - Ninjette 250

Richie1971

Hi,

Done 13k on my 2010 Ninjette and really fancy some new tyres and a new smaller exhaust - Does anyone know of anywhere in Hua Hin where I could source and have these fitted?

Going to BKK for every little thing is a right pain so if anyone does have any info that would be much appreciated

Cheers

Richie

Can't answer you about the exhaust but Charlie (she's a lady!) at Showpo can get you going with Pirelli tyres. Her number is 0890038886. Good English and they will ship country wide.

This is the stock they had early October:

Current Stock

Diablo

110/70-17: 2,900

120/60-17: 2,950

150/60-17: 3,700

Rosso

110/70-17: 3,800

150/60-17: 4,650

Next week shipment

Rosso

120/60-17: 3,900

Nov shipment

Sport demon

110/70-17: 2,250

140/70-17: 3,050

I got the Supercorsas:

Dragon Supercorsa Pro

110/70-17: 3,800 (next week shipment)

150/60-17: 4,600 (in stock)

And for the exhaust check out the DBS full system. About 7,000b. DBS also send nationwide. and any shop can fit if you do not want to. see here http://www.grim-dbs.com/tdbs2.asp

And Dave.. you REALLY need to get one of these if you are keeping the Ninja... By the way i may still be interested in buying it for the right pricebiggrin.gif

Edited by thaicbr

One word of caution about the changing of the exhaust; I don't know if any expats did it and did not add a Power Commander. While the lambda (O2)sensor may make necessary corrections, I'm a bit leery about unequivocally recommending such a product...you'd hate to hole your piston now wouldn't you?

Edited by dave_boo

One word of caution about the changing of the exhaust; I don't know if any expats did it and did not add a Power Commander. While the lambda (O2)sensor may make necessary corrections, I'm a bit leery about unequivocally recommending such a product...you'd hate to hole your piston now wouldn't you?

You might as well be speaking Japanese Dave - I have ordered the DBS full system - Would you say there is a risk to the overall health of the bike by fit this exhaust? I am in Hua Hin (Gods waiting room) so it is hard to get any info/parts locally.

You might as well be speaking Japanese Dave - I have ordered the DBS full system - Would you say there is a risk to the overall health of the bike by fit this exhaust? I am in Hua Hin (Gods waiting room) so it is hard to get any info/parts locally.

You'll be fine Richie, none of the big exhaust manufacturers suggest a power-commander be added with their exhausts, if the exhaust has the lambda boss to accommodate the o2 sensor then all is good.

You'll be fine Richie, none of the big exhaust manufacturers suggest a power-commander be added with their exhausts, if the exhaust has the lambda boss to accommodate the o2 sensor then all is good.

Cheers Stu

Can't answer you about the exhaust but Charlie (she's a lady!) at Showpo can get you going with Pirelli tyres. Her number is 0890038886. Good English and they will ship country wide.

This is the stock they had early October:

Current Stock

Diablo

110/70-17: 2,900

120/60-17: 2,950

150/60-17: 3,700

Rosso

110/70-17: 3,800

150/60-17: 4,650

Next week shipment

Rosso

120/60-17: 3,900

Nov shipment

Sport demon

110/70-17: 2,250

140/70-17: 3,050

I got the Supercorsas:

Dragon Supercorsa Pro

110/70-17: 3,800 (next week shipment)

150/60-17: 4,600 (in stock)

2x Sports Demon delivered today - Sterling service - thanks for the tip Dave

You may get a little bit of lean back firing that some owners experienced. Some loved the soundbiggrin.gif

(that can also occur if the downpipe is not sealed properly)

With a power commander you will feel a BIGGER improvement for sure. So if your finances/plans allow it's a good idea.

Regards Allan

Don't forget to be careful on your new tyres (scrub them in)

Edited by thaicbr

You may get a little bit of lean back firing that some owners experienced. Some loved the soundbiggrin.gif

(that can also occur if the downpipe is not sealed properly)

With a power commander you will feel a BIGGER improvement for sure. So if your finances/plans allow it's a good idea.

Regards Allan

Don't forget to be careful on your new tyres (scrub them in)

Cheers Allan - enough for this month though!

Cheers Stu

Perhaps none of "big exhaust manufacturers suggest a power-commander" because they're producing the cans for carb'd bikes? And most all full systems I've seen from them have recommended carb upgrades.....

I'm not saying the ECU can't handle the proper enrichment, but it would be a bit wrong to advise someone to get a system and not warn them of potential risk...

Perhaps none of "big exhaust manufacturers suggest a power-commander" because they're producing the cans for carb'd bikes? And most all full systems I've seen from them have recommended carb upgrades.....

I'm not saying the ECU can't handle the proper enrichment, but it would be a bit wrong to advise someone to get a system and not warn them of potential risk...

Hahahaha - cheers Dave - Wish I didn't have to work - I'd study bikes all day and make a meaningful contribution - Thanks again guys for your help

Cheers Stu

Perhaps that is the case but nowadays there are plenty of exhausts being made for FI bikes and I have not heard of any that recommend a power commander. Many actually specifically say that, unlike re-jetting that is needed when changing a stock exhaust on a carb'd bike, nothing else needs to be done if the o2 sensor is accommodated as any necessary adjustments will be made automatically. The info below is taken from the Two Bros website.

'Generally fuel injected bikes automatically compensate for exhaust and engine related modifications very well. Unless you are building a Superbike motor with over 30% horsepower increases, your stock FI system should work just fine with your new exhaust system and you will reap the benefits immediately. We have however found that with the addition of either a Juice Box™ or a Power Commander with the proper map, the ride-ability of the bike will improve greatly over that of the stock bike and there can be additional performance gains to be had. We carry our own signature Juice Box Fuel Controller and Dynojet Power Commanders for most fuel injected bikes and we can also furnish it with a map just for your machine and our pipe. '