Foreign Crime Gang Activity Increasing In Pattaya

PattayaOneTeam

Do note they also mentioned South Americans. I'm sure among the drunken wasted of life there you will also find quite a few British, Australian and a variety of European mafia operators or other sorts of low lifes.

What surprises me here is that the police actually caught the gang! I wonder if all the stolen items were returned to the owners.

:D

You forgot the American and Canadian criminals of which there are many too ? I wonder are you possibly American ? lol

Dgicat is right UKFOOL wrong. U.S and Canadian mafia are mostly right at home or in the Caribbean islands not in Thailand at all. Yes there are many criminals in U.S and Canada but the mafia does not come here but British and Australian mafia do. There are also 340 million U.S and Canadians and only about 75 million English and Australians but Waaaaay more English and Aussies get in trouble here and commit crimes here. It is a fact jack!!! lol all you want!

:bah:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has the American Embassy to do with Thailand's affairs? Yes mafia is here in Thailand already for a long time. Now that is becoming Russia maffa or not is not their business. i think there are more murders in L.A. or New York a day then here. I never read for example that Monaco is worried about the increasing crime rate in New York.

Thailand did take care about drug criminals before and then tehe United Nations complain that there where to may dead people.

Crime will be every where in the world and mafia will be there also for ever. The business in Pattaya is the business what mafia likes. I live in pattaya already for a long time but do I notice there is mafia No. When I go shopping or drinking beer I never see people wearing a sign with I am mafia.

I like Thailand for not have to much rules life is more relaxed.

It is a good country to be.

I am only worried about the youth gangs copied like the ones in America!

Greetings from peaceful pattaya

most of the expats I meet who are "retirees" are either involved in some "shady" activity or were involved in crime back home - but of course they didn't consider themselves criminals then nor do they now.

THe foreign gangster want big, quick easy money - they NEED the ignorant expat to do this

You need to get out more, i live in Pattaya and my circle of friends are mainly retirees, but non fill your description.

I am just wondering how many people commenting on this thread actually live in Thailand, let alone Pattaya.

You would get the impression from reading some truly ridiculous posts that gangs of Russian's are walking around ripping people off, selling drugs, and pimping women, get a life guys please

Hey-Deeral-dog breath, Who the h-ll do you think you are, spokesperson for the retirees ? I'll tell you crater gob. Very few retirees fit your r....sole comments. there are some good brain surgeons here -phone one,, there again he couldn't operate on you-why :lol: :lol:

hi mate ..so how do you get you money now still threw atm? il be in thailand in about 4 weeks any tips you can give us on this so it dont happen to me thanks

Welcome! My own experience is that I try to use K-Bank (Kasikorn) ATMs. Have always had relaible service with this outfit. And I use an ATM outside an area that farangs frequent, preferably with a building right there, where I can disappear inside real fast. This is after I have inspected the machine for unauthorized skimming equipment. Hand over my typing at all times.

Can be good outside a bank, since theoretically these ATMs are watched more. I stay away from Bankok Bank, even tho' they have not been attacked by protestors since last spring.

Reading over my post, I detect my own paranoia, which, however, to my mind, is justified.

No surprise, and no surprise of the countries which they predominantly eminate from. Though, sadly to Thais, if you have white skin, Latino, Russian, European or Australian, we are all the same.

I hope, that any steps taken to stop this activity (e.g. restrictions on maximum stays, reporting etc) will be evenly applied, meaning that only those of offending nations will be punished, perhaps encouraging those same nations to be a little more selective on who they let out of the country, and what information they provide to any country these people visit.

I know as a New Zealander, I have never met a Kiwi or Australian organised crime person, though Im sure they exist. Would hate to see our guys punished by further restrictions because of what some Russian or South Americans who do not even speak a common language to us did...

The Berlin Wall was up for a good reason...and these latin Americans equally Crime Ridden nations...The Russians are particularly brash aggressive rude and loud..criminal or otherwise...Blanket Block Visa applications on these countries.

i agree with all the comments,saw it happening slowly in pattaya yrs ago.now it may have reached complete control now.you tell me how eastern european girls work in gogo bars in walking st.too get a work visa in thailand is never easy but they got one

I too have often wondered how so many russian women are working on walking street do you think they might be paying some one off.

lets not kid ourselves here,, pattaya is one off if not the best party town in the world which captures our hearts and soul. you don't really need to scratch the surface to realise it is also a toilet that attracts scum from around the world.. we have all been ass holes from time to time in pattaya , being "dumped" when a more wealthy "boyfriend" comes to town or 100 other sinarios we can all think off, combine this with bar after bar after bar you got yourself a prime base-camp for all types of gangs , police , Mafia , Russians. Europeans. Americans ect ect , the list is endless. the main problem is yet to come, many have mentioned the openness these gangs walk around town doing there business, middle eastern gangs openly money lending to bar girls with a 1000% interest rate. we all know these girls will end up working for these guys for nothing, just to pay back the loans, but we all just sit there and do nothing , there is nothing we can do. for what its worth in my opinion the damage has already been done, we are past the point of no return, its just a matter of a few more years before the "gangs" and there "girls" start targeting the hotels and guest houses directly then pattaya will of had it.s day and it's on to pastures new were it will all happen again. maybe just having the one openly corrupted police force is't such a bad idea after all.

I think it would be cheaper and more benificial to Pattaya if they kept the mafia and got rid of the corrupt Police and Officials who are killing this country

You may be on to something there. Imagine if the Russian Mafia ran Pattaya's police when those scum bag red shirt terrorists came in. The Russians not what to do with terrorists. Just ask a Chechen.

Do note they also mentioned South Americans. I'm sure among the drunken wasted of life there you will also find quite a few British, Australian and a variety of European mafia operators or other sorts of low lifes.

What surprises me here is that the police actually caught the gang! I wonder if all the stolen items were returned to the owners.

You forgot the American and Canadian criminals of which there are many too ? I wonder are you possibly American ? lol

Dgicat is right UKFOOL wrong. U.S and Canadian mafia are mostly right at home or in the Caribbean islands not in Thailand at all. Yes there are many criminals in U.S and Canada but the mafia does not come here but British and Australian mafia do. There are also 340 million U.S and Canadians and only about 75 million English and Australians but Waaaaay more English and Aussies get in trouble here and commit crimes here. It is a fact jack!!! lol all you want!

:bah:

Maybe you should read this...

(its the statistics of visitors by nationality to Thailand via Suvarnabhumi ).

www.bccthai.com/asp/view_doc.asp?DocCID=1072 (its a pdf but very interesting)

Also The US Dept estimates 80% of Brits have valid passports, so 20% do not. This is 1 in 5 people. According to Yale Global only 21% of Americans have passports..

(A bit of research helps!!)

Bj I'm all 4 immigration reform. They should be more selective and allow long term visas for those who are educated and skilled.

I don't think the retirement visas are too bad or the educational ones. But they should be more selective who they let in long term.

Yet even then it's too easy to just skip the line if you have money. And mafia people tend to have money galore.

Just look at the evicted PM who can come to Cambodia and moon Thailand. Money talks, here and just about everywhere.

Bj I'm all 4 immigration reform. They should be more selective and allow long term visas for those who are educated and skilled.

I don't think the retirement visas are too bad or the educational ones. But they should be more selective who they let in long term.

Yet even then it's too easy to just skip the line if you have money. And mafia people tend to have money galore.

Just look at the evicted PM who can come to Cambodia and moon Thailand. Money talks, here and just about everywhere.

A very good start would be just having a question on visa application or visa extension form about criminal record/s in the past 5-10 years.

A very good start would be just having a question on visa application or visa extension form about criminal record/s in the past 5-10 years.

Pointless. US knows who is going where, and who has a criminal record, or not. Thailand privy to same info - they are friendlies.

Spying on innocents may not be preferable, but gathering info on active criminals is very good, IMHO.

Time for the BIB (or whatever color uniform) to get to work.

Meanwhile, I would avoid Phuket and Pattaya, myself.

I think it would be cheaper and more benificial to Pattaya if they kept the mafia and got rid of the corrupt Police and Officials who are killing this country

Wouldn't you have to get rid of the corrupt politicians first or is that who you mean by 'officials'?

International gangsters are everywhere, nothing new. Why is Samui never mentioned when we talk about gangsters in Thailand. Report in the Observer had a higher ratio of 'bar girls' per head of pop. in Samui than in Pattaya (and more guns). A log of the dregs shifted from Phuket to Samui after the 'big wave' hit.

OMG ! Have you ever been to Samui ?

Wouldn't you have to get rid of the corrupt politicians first or is that who you mean by 'officials'?

International gangsters are everywhere, nothing new. Why is Samui never mentioned when we talk about gangsters in Thailand. Report in the Observer had a higher ratio of 'bar girls' per head of pop. in Samui than in Pattaya (and more guns). A log of the dregs shifted from Phuket to Samui after the 'big wave' hit.

Is Samui really so bad? 20 years ago, there wasn't even a massage parlour on the island or a sigle go-go bar! Haven't been there for more than 10 years now! And Koh Tao? Koh Samet? Kog Chang (Taksin's VIP-tourism preference...) :o:o:o

Ask any of the hormone charged glory boys and they will tell you that Samui is 'dead', which really means that there are'nt so many bars and girls to play with as Pattaya, Soi Nana or Bangla rd. It really is quiet compared to those places and much better for families etc.

it would be real nice to bring pattaya back to when i first saw it in July 1973. beautiful beach, nice huts, no hotels, friendly natives, very few guns, no trouble makers and just a nice place to live. everything so cheap, even with the baht at 20-25 to 1. just living in the past but for those who remember those times were great. i was also nearly 40 years younger and could relax with one or two or even three at times but now just memories, good ones though. we should all live in the past, once in awhile, if it was good

Memories-yeah-sigh, sugar hut at the corner near dong tang police box. bufalow in the field (palm beach hotel now) miles of cleaner water, dong tang beach, and reed umbrellas. coconut palms all the way up to where pattaya park stands no condo.s This was Jomptien....devalued one time and we got 80 bht to the pound. 3 pattaya t.shirts 100 baht. bar drinks 50 bht not 200. 250 pound air fare return-u.k. A bit of mafia then but mostly taxis ripping off, tourists. wasn't walking street as such-taxis used to go down. As now you name it Pattaya's got it big time, rape drugs murders international mafia's ---you did get bits of all in them days--But you have to think of the population now, Jomptien hardly existed then.

Edited by ginjag

This article begins with US Embassy; as if they care or would do something!

They completely ignored me when I went to them to report 30+ ATM withdrawals that wiped out my savings- over $10,000 stolen. Not 1 investigation both US and Thailand authorities!

Totally worthless organization!

Well, if you gave as much information as you did on your profile I can understand them doing nothing.

With the right information, I have found both, to be as good as your going to get anywhere on this planet.

No surprise, and no surprise of the countries which they predominantly eminate from. Though, sadly to Thais, if you have white skin, Latino, Russian, European or Australian, we are all the same.

I hope, that any steps taken to stop this activity (e.g. restrictions on maximum stays, reporting etc) will be evenly applied, meaning that only those of offending nations will be punished, perhaps encouraging those same nations to be a little more selective on who they let out of the country, and what information they provide to any country these people visit.

I know as a New Zealander, I have never met a Kiwi or Australian organised crime person, though Im sure they exist. Would hate to see our guys punished by further restrictions because of what some Russian or South Americans who do not even speak a common language to us did...

:ph34r: hmmmm,,,,

1. $Bucks in the back pocket will always ' out perform' laws for the common people.

2. the bottom line is and always will be, ' if ya don't want to be conned,scammed,fipped orff,robbed etc., BE CAREFUL !!

3. AS LONG AS BACK HANDERS exist in the world of the BURRO-Crats, the crims will thrive.....

4. Vigilance at the point of Exit-point of Entry , in most non-western countries, is a Fantasy...understand that...

5. Be careful, be Vigilant, don't get plastered and then try to walk home at night in un-familiar areas thinking that you are

Superman.

6. ENJOY your Vacation here !!!

True story

I disagree with both of you. I like the guy's comment that said people who think like you two - putting down any farang that wants to have fun - should move to the top of the Andes mountains where everything is pure and no bars, no decent looking women, no liquor, no tobacco, Pattaya & Phuket are not for you. The vast majority of males come to Thailand to have a good time and don't care what two old sticks in the mud think, wanting a prohibition on fun. So, maybe someone else will come along and agree with you two old fogeys who hate all White people who want to have a good time. What, the old lady won't let you out of her sight or is it that you just can't get it up?

Edited by cdnvic
removed excessive quoting

The BIB are just worried about another group cutting in on their action.

Insist that the foreign mafias reduce their shares in the racketeering businesses to not more than 49 per cent. Investigate and ensure they are not using proxies in an unethical manner, and if found to be working in a protected Thai industry, or not paying their taxes correctly, immediately withdraw their work permits .

That will sort it out .

More selective: "Are you now or have you ever been a member of a terrorist / mafia organisation?" and useful questions like this?

Edited by bangon04

Homey i'm under 30. I just don't need to degrate women to have fun. Girls volunteer to do those things your sad ass needs to pay for.

Fun? You think those girls in the bar are having fun? You think they like sleeping with your nasty self? Really? I pity them. and I hate whoremongers. If that was yr sis or your mom in there I'd like to see you defend it.

Whenever people see rich Russians, they think "mafia". Whenever they see rich Chinese, do they think "mafia"?

They should. The vast majority of the Russian Mafia are the same Jews that ran the former Soviet Union. When the West said Communism failed, these Jewish Communist leaders had all the money so they just became capitalists by buying the industries. The Russians are definitely taking over Pattaya & Phuket but you can bet they didn't turn Bangkok over to the Africans. Chinese are Mafia all around the world and the Chinese totally controlled Phuket until the Ruskies started moving in with their big money. Should be interesting to see how clashes for Power play out in Phuket between the two. Will the Chinese allow the Ruskies a piece of the action in order to not take the chance of losing the whole war. Time will tell.

Is Samui really so bad? 20 years ago, there wasn't even a massage parlour on the island or a sigle go-go bar! Haven't been there for more than 10 years now! And Koh Tao? Koh Samet? Kog Chang (Taksin's VIP-tourism preference...) :o:o:o

I'm wondering the same as I haven't been to Samui in 14 years.

All this news sure makes me want to look at property by the seashores of Pattaya or Samui ....NOT hardly!

I had heard the Russian Mafia was moving big time into Thailand,....and these are brutal people?

Edited by boatguy