Food Critic

bubblegum

Renewed friendship, a pleasant surprise and drama.

Nai Harn lake is usually out of my normal route but last Saturday I decided to have a look at the bikes on the island. Before going in and drinking on an empty stomach I poped in at "Los Amigo's". It must have been more than a year since my last visit and I'm not a Mexican cuisine lover. I did remember that last time the food was good and to my delight so it was this time around. I find it a good thing when restaurants keep the standard year in year out so thank you "Los Amigo's".

A pleasant surprise came the other night at "Siam Cottage". I have been looking for a replacement of "Kitchen Grill" ever since it was sold and now it isn't even open at all. "Siam Cottage" gives you honest simple food for a very fair price. The kitchen is clean and the chef did an amazing job with the Thai T-bone. As you all know, a Thai T-bone is cut way to thin and to actually grill it medium rare is a task beyond the capacity of most cooks. This one was perfect. Whilst checking the kitchen I saw a pork chop being prepared for another guest and this will be my next order. T-bone and a glass of red wine under 500 bath. "Siam Cottage" is near the Muah Thai gym one the connecting road between Viset and Sai Juan.

Drama I would call the restaurant on Sai Juan but the owners call it "Le Bistro". A fancy menu all in French promised jummy jummy and the price tag was accordingly. Was a load of rubbish ! Mash potato prepared with water ? Cold tuty fruty of veggies and a piece of lamb tougher than the sole of my boots.

I Agree 100% Los Amigos is great Mexican Food at a very respectable price and a nice setting. I usually have the mixed Chimmichunga (beef & chiken) good portion and very yummy. Has been like this for more than 4 years I have been going.

M&Ms is also on my list of excellent food and consistant I tried the home made Pana Cota last time my its good not a dessert person but I recommend it after an excellent Seafood Pizza.

Sunday Roasts have to be the Islander in Nai Harn/Rawai one of the most friendly bars in the area draught Tiger & Heineken and always some sport on and the home made good British Food .Try some of MineHost Pauls wife Lesley's Lancashire Lass Pies delish better by far than Lady Pies.

Looking forward to being back in Phuket at the end of the month.

I Agree 100% Los Amigos is great Mexican Food at a very respectable price and a nice setting. I usually have the mixed Chimmichunga (beef & chiken) good portion and very yummy. Has been like this for more than 4 years I have been going.

M&Ms is also on my list of excellent food and consistant I tried the home made Pana Cota last time my its good not a dessert person but I recommend it after an excellent Seafood Pizza.

Sunday Roasts have to be the Islander in Nai Harn/Rawai one of the most friendly bars in the area draught Tiger & Heineken and always some sport on and the home made good British Food .Try some of MineHost Pauls wife Lesley's Lancashire Lass Pies delish better by far than Lady Pies.

Looking forward to being back in Phuket at the end of the month.

After the last farang food thread, we are all clear there is a pinned topic on restaurants, yes? Shouldn't these go there?

Beunas dias. I thought we could not traduce places, people or pies. Defamation, Thai law and all that. I'm lost. I wish to complain about everything!

It's a fine line. You can make an opinion like 'the food is not to my taste', but you cannot say 'I got food poisoning' or 'the food is past it's shelf life'. That would be libel, especially if you name individual staff members, address, or business name. Comments are good, ranting is not.