Wasting Food

kropotkin

It's all about cash. If there is a never ending flow of cash then being frugal goes out the window. Think you might be the problem here. If one has to watch the pennies then GREAT care will be taken by your crew and waste not. :huh:

I get your point.

In most cases you are probably right.

At least, if TV is a reliable source for information on thai - european marriages.

However.

I have NEVER given money to the family.

And I refused to pay sinsot - saying it was against my culture.

The marriage party cost me only 20.000 - now that was a bargain, or not?

My thai family are great people - they have given me more then i have given them so far.

While we are building a small house nearby, they let us use their old car, let us sleep and shower, help us with paperwork, etc.

And before you ask, the house will be too small to have others living in it! (12 X 4 meter)

The fact that father and oldest brother bankrupted my wife's business 20 years ago might have something to do with it........ FACE you know.

wow, you just redefined the term "off topic"

Still on the same lines, but a variation on the theme.

Just under a year ago my TGF and I moved into a house together.

She (and I) like both Thai and European food with us having the latter around 4 times every week - Sometimes I cook it, sometimes she does, with her always cooking the Thai.

Anyway, when we first moved in it seemed that we could never have a meal without some distant friend, or relative, arriving when we were eating.

However, unlike Thai food, European meals are normally cooked for the number of people eating, with the meat/fish part of the meal being plated, before it is served.

So, what was happening was that we were taking food off of our plates to provide for the uninvited "guests".

This, really, bugged me and it caused quite a problem until I asked her to explain (to all of those likely to arrive) that I wanted to make sure that they were treated, properly, as guests and that was not possible unless they told us they were coming and we could cater accordingly!

Peace at mealtimes has been restored because, of course, knowing the rules they never have!

laugh.gif