One Year Non Immigrant B

I am a canadian looking for a one year non immigrant b visa. currently i am in bangkok and have noticed that all the thai embassies around here only do three months 2 thailand does anyone know how i can obtain a one year non immigrant b visa. i have been told that its possible 2 fedex my passport but am not sure how that works is anyone familiar with the process

Best,

Platboy

Applying in Australia will get you a multiple, otherwise I believe your only option might be to get a single non-B and once you have your work permit apply for a multiple non-B in Penang, with papers from your company regarding their financial status.

With a work permit with at least 8 months validity you can get a 1 year non-B in KL.

If you have your company capitalized to 8 million you can get a 1 year non-B in Penang.

Sending your passport via fedex is a bad idea because the lack of exit stamp from Thailand will make the visa void.

thank you for your response i thought you needed the non immigrant b visa 2 get the work permit am i wrong here but i will check that my company is capitalized for 8 million baht

Yes you need a single entry non-B or non-O to get a work permit.

To get a 1 year non-B you need a WP.

thank you for your response i thought you needed the non immigrant b visa 2 get the work permit am i wrong here but i will check that my company is capitalized for 8 million baht

You can apply for a work permit without a non-B, you just won't get the WP untill you have the correct visa. Instead you get a WP3 form, which indicates that you will get a wp once you have the correct visa and many consulates in Asia want to see that form.

The first time you get a single non-B in Penang, but once you actually have the WP you can appply again for a multiple non-B.

Note that a multiple non-B is only necesarry if you can't get an extension of stay from immigration, becasue the company or your salary doesn't meet the requirements.

thank you for your response but will i have to apply in australia in person because i did that in melbourne and was only given a three month

Hi Platboy

The most helpful Thai embassy in Australia is in Brisbane. Ring them first--- I have found them extremely helpful in the past.

Im really sorry im a bit confused now what do you mean about the non b one year only being necessary under those two conditions could you expand on that

A visa is only a permit to travel to Thailand, when you arrive in Thailand you get a permission to stay (or be denied entry). Under certain circumstances you can extend this pemission to stay with immigration.

The rules for an extension of stay depend on the kind o job you do, they are different for teachers, people working for the government and members of the media. Working for a normal business has more strict rules. and requires a minimum income. For most western nationalities that income needs to be at least 50,000 a month.

If you meet the requirements, immigation can give you a one year extension of stay without you needing to leave the country to get a new visa.

You can apply for a work permit without a non-B, you just won't get the WP untill you have the correct visa. Instead you get a WP3 form, which indicates that you will get a wp once you have the correct visa and many consulates in Asia want to see that form.

The first time you get a single non-B in Penang, but once you actually have the WP you can appply again for a multiple non-B.

Note that a multiple non-B is only necesarry if you can't get an extension of stay from immigration, becasue the company or your salary doesn't meet the requirements.

I was given my work permit not just the receipt, before I went to Laos to get my Non B visa, from the Labor Office in Korat, I was on an ED visa at the time They also returned it to me after I went and told them that I had stopped working. As per your suggestion.

Applying in Australia will get you a multiple, otherwise I believe your only option might be to get a single non-B and once you have your work permit apply for a multiple non-B in Penang, with papers from your company regarding their financial status.

What documentation do they ask for in Australia for multiple non-B? FWIW, in my case I am an American and I am not interested in getting a Work Permit.

Edited by royfeldman

What documentation do they ask for in Australia for multiple non-B? FWIW, in my case I am an American and I am not interested in getting a Work Permit.

Normally a letter from a prospective employer is required, stating that they are offering you a job.

Many people go to a visa-shop,

they arrange everything !

They put 800 000 for 1 day on your account and

than you go yourself to immigration and done .

cost you 25 000bht

Real simple and immigration accept this .

This would be illegal, as the money needs to be there for at least 3 months. Anyone going allong with this should consider that if found out, it can have very serious consequences.

Here's the info from the Thai Consulate in Brisbane's web site re non-immigrant visa apps there:

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA-$90 for single entry, $180 for double entries and

$225 for multiple entries

· Enables a 90-day stay. For business, professional education or other non-tourism purposes. A letter from employer, copy of the company's registration certified by authorized director(s). Or a letter from educational institute must be submitted. For Non-Immigrant Visa (Business Visa for Teacher and Volunteer Teacher), the applicants must provide a National Police Certificate or a current Blue Card.

Normally a letter from a prospective employer is required, stating that they are offering you a job.

Edited by jfchandler

You need the non-imm B visa to get the work permit, yes.

The company needs to be capitalized with 2 million Baht per foreigner. There are also more requirements that apply (I believe you need four Thai staff per foreigner).

You are not allowed to work on a non-B alone, so I don't understand why you need a one-year visa. A three-month visa will be sufficient to apply for the WP.

There is a rumour that you are allowed to work once the application has been handed in an accepted though.

Many people go to a visa-shop,

they arrange everything !

They put 800 000 for 1 day on your account and

than you go yourself to immigration and done .

cost you 25 000bht

Real simple and immigration accept this .

This would be illegal, as the money needs to be there for at least 3 months. Anyone going allong with this should consider that if found out, it can have very serious consequences.

I'm from Spain and moving to Thailand as soon as i get a proper visa. I'm kinda lost and I cannot afford to set up a limited company there.

What about companies like Siam Legal? For some 270 pounds they obtain a 1 year non b visa for you. How they can do that? They use their UK branch to make letter for embassy? I just need a visa to stay long time in the country until i find a job. Is this my best way to go?

Thanks and sorry for post stealing ;-P

Save the money and just try to get a double entry tourist visa in Spain. This will give you two entries into Thailand of 60 days, each entry can be extended by 30 days so you can almost get 6 months out of it. Once you have found a job apply for a work permit and go to neighbouring country to get a non-B visa.

Finding work in Thailand is not easy. You must have special skills that Thai people don't have, reason why a lot of foreigners work in Thailand as a teacher.

Do some research about jobs available in your area of expertise before you start of.

Thank you guys!

I'm a mobile software developer, Ive been already looking for jobs and there are quite a few. I guess a farang can work on that although a thai national can also do the job. I remember reading something about technical jobs and specific knowledge as works an alien can do, and I have wide experience in the field.

About the visa, is it ok to use a tourist visa while looking for a job and doing interviews?

Thanks again, best regards

EDIT: Oh! I don't see teaching Spanish as an option to me. I don't think I have the skills to teach a language even if I'm a native speaker.

Edited by kawaiimomo

Including a place in the Mahatun Plaza right opposite La Monita mexican restaurant...right near the Ploenchit BTS station.

Kawaiimomo, I agree with Mario2008.

If you want to find a job in Thailand, try contacting the Spanish Commercial Office (Oficina Comercial de España - http://www.oficinascomerciales.es). They have a list of all Spanish companies in Thailand.

If you are a teacher, there are also some schools and universities that teach Spanish.

Mario- i have a 1 year multi entry b. and have just obtained a 1 year work permit, i now wish to be able to make 90 days reporting only (not leave thailand) do i have to get a different visa?

the lawyer i use say he can do it for 27,000 is this correct? or can i get it myself from immigration?

many thanks

Mario- i have a 1 year multi entry b. and have just obtained a 1 year work permit, i now wish to be able to make 90 days reporting only (not leave thailand) do i have to get a different visa?

the lawyer i use say he can do it for 27,000 is this correct? or can i get it myself from immigration?

many thanks

No need to get a different visa, you just need an extension of stay fom immirgaiton costs 1,900 baht and normally you can do it yourself.

It will require some paperwork from your employer and tax documents, showing you are paying taxes. Also, if you are not a teacher or working for the government and a few other jobs, you must meet the minimum income requirement for an extension of stay from immigration. For most western nationalities the minimum income is 50,000 a month.

many thanks

Twenty-seven grand? Gee! Can I be your lawyer? Please! I'll even pay the fee of THB 1,900 and the taxi fare from my own pocket!

Thank you guys!

I'm a mobile software developer, Ive been already looking for jobs and there are quite a few. I guess a farang can work on that although a thai national can also do the job. I remember reading something about technical jobs and specific knowledge as works an alien can do, and I have wide experience in the field.

About the visa, is it ok to use a tourist visa while looking for a job and doing interviews?

Thanks again, best regards

EDIT: Oh! I don't see teaching Spanish as an option to me. I don't think I have the skills to teach a language even if I'm a native speaker.

You can use a tourist visa while looking for a job, just don't tick anything but "tourist" in the arrival card.

I know of foreign software developers who have a work permit, so don't worry about that. It will be up to the company that will employ you to apply for the work permit.

Good luck finding that company! :-)

You can use a tourist visa while looking for a job, just don't tick anything but "tourist" in the arrival card.

I know of foreign software developers who have a work permit, so don't worry about that. It will be up to the company that will employ you to apply for the work permit.

Good luck finding that company! :-)

Thank you, tombkk.

I wish all the forums on internet where full of people willing to help like this one :-)

When I went to Thai immigration a few months ago, they were going to charge me 2K for a non immigrant B visa with multiple entries. problem was that I had forgotten my letter of intent from my employer at my apartment. Now at the time, I had that kind of visa already and wanted it extended. Originally, I had purchased it in the states for USD $175.

Now I am on a tourist visa and trying to sort out this work permit and visa mess with my boss, who says that a lawyer is going to charge him 25K per foreigner. Is this right? Can I just go to immigration and get one? how much is it to get one through a visa run service like Jack Golf?