Health Insurance

bongodaddy

I am considering buying a policy from LMG. Does anyone here have any experience with them? How ethical are they? For instance, are they the kind of insurance company that would deny me coverage for a heart attack by calling my cholesterol meds a "pre-existing condition?" (I ain't paranoid, just an American. Nasty business there, this medical/insurance stuff.....one must watch one's back....)

I'll appreciate any info you can share. Thanks!

Pre-existing conditions should mean what it says, Pre-existing.

Taking Baby Asprin and Cholestorol meds as a preventative measure

should not be considered.

After all it is commonsense to protect yourself?

Just my 2 pennth.

PS I am covered with GoodHealth

No problems there. 2 years ago they forked out $60,000 for cancer treatment

without a murmur, in fact they could not have been more helpful.

Pre-existing conditions should mean what it says, Pre-existing.

Taking Baby Asprin and Cholestorol meds as a preventative measure

should not be considered.

After all it is commonsense to protect yourself?

Just my 2 pennth.

PS I am covered with GoodHealth

No problems there. 2 years ago they forked out $60,000 for cancer treatment

without a murmur, in fact they could not have been more helpful.

Interesting and good for you! I really hope you're save and sound now!

I was just following the topic about Phuket hospitals where they speak about westerners without health insurance and some members spoke of insurance companies, not insuring anybody over 70+.

However, I just looked into your insurance company (from the US) and they don't even take anyone over 65; but, not many insurers in the world would take an unknown individual over 65.

Not that I need any health insurance since my wife and I are fully covered, worldwide, elsewhere, at a cost of Baht 10.000+/month.

But knowing that I ended up in hospital a good 7 times in a period of 2 1/2 years the amount was well worth it, realizing that one day in hospital in my own country costs Baht 40.000/day excluding all kinds of checks and medication. Paying yourself for Baht 2 Million+ is quite nasty....

I really don't understand people who have NO health insurance.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Bongo, If an insurance co knows your pre-existing condition & that you are taking cholesterol medication, they most likely will exclude all treatment relating to Hyperlipidemia

Of course. They will not pay for any treatment, testing or medication for Hyperlipidemia. But will they pay for treatment of a heart attack? Yes, if your treating physican determines that it wasn't related to your Hyperlipidemia.

If you have regular checkups and are able to show that you are keeping the problem under control through medication, or whatever, "relating to" should have no meaning in regards to any other medical problems.

From personal experience RUN do not walk away from LMG.

They will easily and quickly pay small claims, but run you through the ringer on anything substantial.

They found a high triglyceride level in my records that the doc at the time put in my chart was likely a lab error since I had many previous and subsequent normal values. They use such items to deny claims and to make the insurance so limited for renewal as to make a joke out of their guaranteed renewal policy. Hyperlipidemia medication is treatment for a condition and they will likely deny anything even remotely related fromm peripheral vascular disease, through stroke, to heart attack on this basis. I am not alone in having good response for cheap claims and HORRIBLE dishonest service for anything substantial.

Do a search on Thai Visa for a horror story with LMG and and an auto accident.

Stay away

kdf

I've had LMG medical insurance for four years, and they've always, with one exception that doesn't bear explaining here, promptly paid my outpatient claims... I haven't had any inpatient claims with them during that period.

But I do read ThaiVisa generally and specifically regarding insurance issues, and I can't say I've seen any significant number of people complaining about LMG's handling of inpatient claims. In general, to the contrary, they usually are among the top couple of insurance providers recommended by users here based on the breadth of their coverage and their pricing.

That said, Thai insurers in general do seem very keyed on pre-existing conditions, and anything you list on the disclosure form they'll ask you to complete as part of the underwriting process likely will be treated as a pre-existing condition... and thus excluded from your coverage...

• 3 weeks later...

Yes stay away from LMG Insurance . ,

LMG are a small insurance company with lots of hassle . ,

My insurance broker told me this company was up to no good and was giving her clients lots of problems . ,

I did sign up with AXA insurance for PA and Health insurance ., big company brillant service !

Edited by oMega69