Western Deep Tissue\Medical Massage In Cm

nachumro

Hello good people of Chiang mai :)

Need a little help here...

My girlfriend is suffering from an inflammation in her shoulder joint.

Does anybody know a good medical massage therapist in Chiang mai?

I'm looking for a deep tissue bodyworker - western style and not thai acupressure style.

Someone who is experienced with injuries (especially inflamed tendons) and knows what he's doing...

The truth of the matter is that I am such a bodyworker myself - but I cannot treat her shoulder without a proper massage table and I've been looking for one for the last few weeks without success...

Maybe somebody can tell me where I can find a "western" massage table in Chiang mai?

That would be even better!

Seems to me like the only thing they have here is mattresses or massage chairs...

I'm attaching a photo of the kind of table I'm looking for.

Did anybody ever encounter a shop here which sells such tables?

Thanks a bunch!

:jap:

post-118939-0-05073800-1295592562_thumb.

Can't help you with the table. As far as the injury is concerned, I had a really severe neck pain for more than a year (injury at the gym). I tried all the top massage places in town, many of which other TV members recommended. Some of them provided some relief but none cured the problem. I finally ended up going for Physical Therapy at Rajavej Hospital. I went at least 15 or more times. Each time the treatment consisted of heat packs, ultra-sound, mobilization of the affected area, and traction. Today I feel as good as new. I can't say enough good things about Khun Diow and the other therapists there.

Never seen a shop selling such tables but have seen them in a number of massage places.

Since this is a massage thread, if anybody reading knows a place in Chiang Mai to get good Shiatsu massage, I would be grateful knowing where.

Can't help you with the table. As far as the injury is concerned, I had a really severe neck pain for more than a year (injury at the gym). I tried all the top massage places in town, many of which other TV members recommended. Some of them provided some relief but none cured the problem. I finally ended up going for Physical Therapy at Rajavej Hospital. I went at least 15 or more times. Each time the treatment consisted of heat packs, ultra-sound, mobilization of the affected area, and traction. Today I feel as good as new. I can't say enough good things about Khun Diow and the other therapists there.

Well... Personally I'm a big fan of the physio therapy system but I'm glad to hear that it cured you after all...

If you ask me - the thing that did the magic was the mobilization, and the time that's passed (you said 15 session...) while the ultrasound and the heat packs were totally unnecessary.

Anyway - I know exactly what the physio therapy system has to offer for conditions like my girlfriend's and it's not what she needs...

I'll keep on looking for a table or a deep tissue bodyworker ;)

Well... Personally I'm a big fan of the physio therapy system but I'm glad to hear that it cured you after all...

If you ask me - the thing that did the magic was the mobilization, and the time that's passed (you said 15 session...) while the ultrasound and the heat packs were totally unnecessary.

Anyway - I know exactly what the physio therapy system has to offer for conditions like my girlfriend's and it's not what she needs...

I'll keep on looking for a table or a deep tissue bodyworker ;)

oops...I meant that I'm NOT a big fan of the physio therapy system...

Never seen a shop selling such tables but have seen them in a number of massage places.

Since this is a massage thread, if anybody reading knows a place in Chiang Mai to get good Shiatsu massage, I would be grateful knowing where.

I'm not sure - but I think you get one a Mantak Chia's Tao Garden.

Google search "Tao garden chaing mai" and you'll find it...

I have a friend living in Doi Saket ( 20 minutes drive from CM town). He is professional acupunturist with 20 years experience. He studied Chinese medicine and acupuncture in England. I can give them his contact if you would like discuss about the treatment. He is French and speaks English.

Thanks for your willingness my friend, but I really don't believe in acupuncture for these kinds of injuries...

I might be contacting you later on to get his details for a totally different issue :jap:

There is a massage school at Faham Village which sells all kinds of massage equipment. They might have what you are looking for. I know you say you prefer western massage, but as I have reported on forum on other massage threads therapeutic massage at Maripaun Salon and Thai Traditional Massage on Maejo Road virtually cured pain from both rotator cuff shoulder injury and herniated disks.

Simple to have made. A welding shop can make the steel frame. A carpenter can cut plywood to the shape you want and mount it on the frame. An upholstery shop can put on the padding and cover. Or you could attach it to the frame after it is covered. Then you would get the exact design you want.

Simple to have made. A welding shop can make the steel frame. A carpenter can cut plywood to the shape you want and mount it on the frame. An upholstery shop can put on the padding and cover. Or you could attach it to the frame after it is covered. Then you would get the exact design you want.

wow...sounds like a very complicated operation to me...

3 different shops to form a massage table?

I bet they won't even understand what I want from them...

Yes you are right, they probably would not understand what you want. Sorry I suggested it even though it the way such tables are most likely obtained here since a Thai would know that having one made would be cheaper than buying one ready made. Also probably easier than trying to find one, no?

Edited by Dante99

Yes you are right, they probably would not understand what you want. Sorry I suggested it even though it the way such tables are most likely obtained here since a Thai would know that having one made would be cheaper than buying one ready made. Also probably easier than trying to find one, no?

I'm not sure...

Still trying to find one... maybe I'll get lucky after all?

They have these beds in every spa and I'm wondering where they get them from...

There are loads of padded flat tables at the spa's etc. They aren't foldable and some do and don't have adjustable legs... If your serious massage therapist then you definitely need adjustable legs.

If you can pick up one of those tables then really all you need is an adjustable face cradle and some labor or handy skills to mount it.

you could buy a high quality face cradle off of ebay etc and have it shipped.

If you want one of the slick and lightweight folding models then either have to ship in or watch the classifieds for someone selling one. I have seen a few for sale but fairly rare.

I'm not sure...

Still trying to find one... maybe I'll get lucky after all?

They have these beds in every spa and I'm wondering where they get them from...

Why don't you just ask them????????????????

post-118939-0-94892900-1296106415_thumb.

Hey again...

I got an offer from a teak wood factory to make me a custom table.

I asked for a picture of one they made in the past and this is what I got...

Could it be any more hilarious?!?!

:-)post-118939-0-94892900-1296106415_thumb.

post-118939-0-94892900-1296106415_thumb.

Hey again...

I got an offer from a teak wood factory to make me a custom table.

I asked for a picture of one they made in the past and this is what I got...

Could it be any more hilarious?!?!

:-)post-118939-0-94892900-1296106415_thumb.

I think it's beautiful. I also think functional if built to you specs, i.e height. and i am a massage therapist. sorry, left my table in New Mexico.

When I think of inflammation I would think twice about having it massaged...

Activation can make it even more inflammated. Good luck.

Don't worry my friend...I know what I'm doing:-)

I don't touch the specific inflamed tendons, but only the supporting surrounding muscles in order to allow them to work smoothly without stressing the inflamed muscle while doing it...

The massage itself is not meant to cure the inflammation.

It's meant to put the whole area in a less stressful condition and melt the fuzz between the inflamed muscle and the muscles around it which are not inflamed.

If you do that successfully and you also find the source for the inflammation to begin with (usually repetitive stress injury or wrong posture) and change that too - the body will usually get over the inflammation by itself within only a few days.

The main goal in the massage is to stop whatever is withholding the body from treating itself and to break the chain of events that are putting the inflamed tendon under stress over and over again...

• 1 year later...

When I think of inflammation I would think twice about having it massaged...

Activation can make it even more inflammated. Good luck.

I completely agree inflammation calls for a anti inflammatory. Ibuprofein or celebrex come to mind.

Not sure what is happening here sounds to me ike you are doing all the diagnosing and turning down any thing that does not conform to your ideas. Build the table you have a picture of what you want show that to the various people in the field It wil probably take several manufactures.

If it is pain you want to inflict on her (you get that with deep muscle work) take her to the Massage Clinic of the blind on what would be Lo Khro if they hadn't changed the name inside the moat.

Tell them the area you want worked on and tell them you want the medium one. Guaranteed to get to the deep muscles. Pain is free.

Even the mild one was a little painful.