Why Is True Visions Ruining My Football Enjoyment?

SantiSuk

Disclosure of Latest Football Scores  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does anyone else have a beef with the disclosure of latest scores from all the English Premier League matches during the matches on True Sports channels?

I watch at least 5 full games a week (sad git?) and then the round-up programme. Hitherto I have been able to avoid knowing the scores of games I am not watching - sometimes keeping away from Sports broadcasts and relevant TV threads for a couple of days!). Not knowing the score increases my enjoyment of watching a match as it develops.

I had just about got used to covering up the bottom traveling strap line on the screen with my hand in front of my eyes (it takes quick reactions to avoid seeing the first result, but I almost mastered it). That came in this season. But they have now introduced in the last 2 weeks a little box that pops up randomly showing the score from another match where there has just been a goal.

I suspect that this is not True Visions 'fault' and that it is part of the feed they receive.

Do others feel the same way? Perhaps the one-club fans are only interested in watching their team and like to have an update on their competitive position as they watch their one team. If most respondents agree with me then perhaps we should make collective representations to True Visions (or the source - Sky Sports?) to at least remove the pernicious little one-result box. For the strap line they should introduce it with 'Latest results ... gap ....'. Easy to do and BBC news in the UK always says 'look away now if you do not want to know the scores of tonights matches' I'm happy to do that with a copy of this thread and the poll result if others can respond. Please keep your usual inter club banter off this thread if it is to be useful. :rolleyes: