Change Flight Date To Uk

BruceBanner

Hi there......

i'm thinking about changing my flight date back to the UK. I'm due to fly at the end of January. But would like to stay maybe another month. I'm flying from Bangkok to Manchester on Finnair. I was just wondering how much it would cost. The website i booked the flight with want £10 to change the flight which is very reasonable. But looking at their website it says there could be other charges...i.e. the airline's charge and also possibly an increase in price of the ticket. I will need to make a call to UK, but jus wondered if anyone has changed their flight and the cost involved.

Thank you very much for any replies......Cheers :)

The £10 charge is just a handling charge. In my experience airlines will charge anything from £50 - £150 for a change and it all depends on which type of ticket you purchased in the first place. For example, there are various different grades of economy ticket. Lots of the cheapest tickets can't be changed at all.

My recent Lufthansa flight purchase can be changed for any time up to a year after the initial flight for 150 Euro, that's if there are any seats available in the same price bracket.

Thai Airways and the Middle east airlines are the cheapest to change generally but that assumes they have a seat in the price bracket you booked. If you are lucky and you are with them just the £50 + admin. If not, can be a couple of hundred quid +. Try to be flexible with rebook dates.

If you're quoted a very-high price, but still wish to travel one month later, you might cinsider throwing-away the return-half of your Finnair-ticket, and buying a cheap one-way ticket with Air-Asia or Kuwait Airways or whoever ?

I often change my flight dates with Thai Airways due to change in meetings or other plans, and have never been charged for this service. Just changed my return flight from Manila to Bangkok from 28th January to 27th February and received the new Eticket within ten minutes of my telephone call.