Marriage In Krasang

ESB7

Been married legally for many years but with a few recent events believe it is time to do the right thing......not interested to know about sin sods or dont it comments.......just would like to know if anyone in that area has been through the ceremony...is it in Khmer or Thai?...wifey says it starts at apprx 9am and dosnt last much later than midday...the big party is the day befor.....like a stag/hen do.....anyway...if anyone has an experience of either getting married or attending a ceremony there comments much appreciated

Hi

I visit a mates bar in Krasang every once in a while. I am advised by 'er indoors' that the party is in the evening before the marriage and that ceremony usually starts at around 7am to 9am and it lasts for around 2 to 3 hours. Its in Thai BTW.

Congratulations

Dave

Hi

I visit a mates bar in Krasang every once in a while. I am advised by 'er indoors' that the party is in the evening before the marriage and that ceremony usually starts at around 7am to 9am and it lasts for around 2 to 3 hours. Its in Thai BTW.

Congratulations

Dave

Cheers Dave....that pretty much ties in with what the wife said and am pleased its Thai not Khmer....is that the bar by the railway track you go to?....used to be two there, one was an English guy I think from London/Essex but havnt been there for a while...

I did the ceremony there in Krasang. It's like Dave said, the party is in the evening before and the ceremony on the other day and all in Khmer style. It's been the only time that Thai people put some small amounts in my hand, I will never forget. :rolleyes:

At youtube you can find many clips about wedding in Surin or Buriram.

Hi

Congratulations

Dave

Cheers Dave....that pretty much ties in with what the wife said and am pleased its Thai not Khmer....is that the bar by the railway track you go to?....used to be two there, one was an English guy I think from London/Essex but havnt been there for a while...

You're gone marry so that time is over now to visit the bar on Wednesday and Friday evenings!! :whistling:

Hi

Congratulations

Dave

You're gone marry so that time is over now to visit the bar on Wednesday and Friday evenings!! :whistling:

Benny

I'm married too, you know! I was there last wednesday BTW!

Quite correct ESB. The Thai owned smaller bar has been shut for about 2 months now and its David's place that I go to occasionally. He and his wife are good hosts

I agree with you Dave. David and his wife are a nice couple and it's a nice pub to have a beer.

So ESB when will you marry?

14th/15th April.....will be up for Songrhan so saves another trip doing it then.......more than welcome to come along for a few free beers and food.....its about 7kmh out of Krasang going the back road towards Surin.....Last time I was at the bar Dave was away so havnt seen him for well over a year.