Eric Clapton Concert

lalinda

over 40 :lol:

As helpful (and incredibly witty) as ever. Poor you, you must be so bored!

Before you accuse me..................Relax dear (i am in that age bracket). I don't think they ID kids going to concerts here. Surely a call to Thai ticket master would have saved you asking the same question on two threads. Enjoy the show!

over 55

so that you remember the divine guitar player, not the horrible singer

Noooooo, it's over 60's, l watched him play in the Yardbirds, S.E.London, 1964. ( I think ) :D

over 55

Noooooo, it's over 60's, l watched him play in the Yardbirds, S.E.London, 1964. ( I think ) :D

I agree I saw the Yardbirds as support group for the Beatles at Hammersmith Palais in 1964/5. My memory's as bad as yours :rolleyes:.

Age related?

over 55

I agree I saw the Yardbirds as support group for the Beatles at Hammersmith Palais in 1964/5. My memory's as bad as yours :rolleyes:.

Age related?

Age related? Maybe.

Alcohol related? Surely.

Jeff Beck was there too?

I saw Clapton twice in the 70's, and to be quite honest, he was past his best then. On the second occasion, at the Southampton Gaumont, he was supported by Muddy Waters, and judging by the crowds reaction, the order of play was definitely the wrong way round.

Muddy Waters was a blues man, whilst Clapton was a man playing the blues, (and not very well at that, if you had just heard Muddy play).

I saw Clapton twice in the 70's, and to be quite honest, he was past his best then. On the second occasion, at the Southampton Gaumont, he was supported by Muddy Waters, and judging by the crowds reaction, the order of play was definitely the wrong way round.

Muddy Waters was a blues man, whilst Clapton was a man playing the blues, (and not very well at that, if you had just heard Muddy play).

To be fair, as much as I like "Slowhand", Muddy Waters is a far far more accomplished Blues musician than EC. However, EC is (IMHO) more versatile and they do complement each other, on recording at least. Unfortunately I have not seen them together live and that can be very different as most "musos" know.