Bangkok To Pattaya : Quickly, Pleasantly, Cheaply

fanciman

Yep go to ekamai & get a bus, VIP or public up to you but not a lot of difference apart from air con. They leave about every 30 mins. 120- 450 bht. only takes about 2.5 hours so overnight is not possible.

Id advise going early morning then arrive with time to check out accommodation, relax shower, sleep, eat then go out.

Catch a taxi metre as westy says about 1500-2000 bht. from Ekamai

when you get there book in to any hotel or guesthouse 500bht - 4000bht

It all depends on your budget

What is a good way to go to pattaya from bangkok?

There is a bus service from Ekkamai or somewhere,isn't there?

Maybe overnight?

Or is there a better way that i can be wafted there?

And a one word answer to "where to stay?"...

Thank you!

I always take a meter taxi, its more expensive than the bus but alot quicker and more pleasant!

Hotel...Royal Twin Palace....1200 a night, everything you need.

What is a good way to go to pattaya from bangkok?

There is a bus service from Ekkamai or somewhere,isn't there?

Maybe overnight?

Or is there a better way that i can be wafted there?

And a one word answer to "where to stay?"...

Thank you!

I always take a meter taxi, its more expensive than the bus but alot quicker and more pleasant!

Hotel...Royal Twin Palace....1200 a night, everything you need.

Yep metre taxi for sure - cant remember how much exactly but its a dam sight quicker with less hanging around...

if youre on a tighter budget try the Apex Hotel, close to the beach and shopping plaza - 550 or 600 bht inc breakfast

Taxi prices mentioned are generally not using the meter - but agreed beforehand. On the trip BACK from Pattaya there are many more taxis wanting to do that trip (to return to BKK/to return the car or whatever) wherefore the prices are lower.

But is the VIP bus really up to 450 baht!?

There is also the train I hear. I want to try it just for the experience.

Cheers!

Just wondering why it only costs about 800 baht for taxi from Pattaya to Bangkok Airport and 1,500 baht using Taxi Meter from airport to Pattaya.

Is it because the taxi meters can charge this much, or is it harder to get taxi at airport, or perhaps airport regulation?  :o

It's because they would have to return to Bangkok with no paying passengers.

I heard from few people who tried to hail taxis in Pattaya but they refused to take them - told them to go to a travel agency and arrange the ride there. Kind of "mafia".

I found still the best way is by Train. More fun anyway.

AC car numbered seat is usualy available takes a little longer the scenery is ok, plenty of food and beer along the way. The college whistle stops gets is share of lovey Thai ladies and students.

They are easy to talk to if you are polite and not smashed, go easy on the beer :D

Time Table: http://www.railway.co.th/timetable/N_E.html

Fares: http://www.railway.co.th/httpEng/farerate.html

Ask questions call: 1690 several languages spoken :o

Edited by meelousee

quickly : helicopter

pleasantly : limousine

cheaply : bus

it all depends on your budget, whichone it will be.

as to prices from BKK to Pattaya for taxi : book it in Pattaya, to pick you up at airport + same price as Pattaya - BKK

can book through internet, tel, fax...at most travel agents.

hotel : same story, : your budget, your intentions :

fun (sorry : sex), beach, shopping?

people gave you already a good choice

Thank you very much everybody. All my questions answered.

I have the impression that the nightlife in Pattaya is basically in the shape of a T-Back... Well, an upside down T anyway, :o

The upright consists of Diamon and then the crossbar consists of a street with more bars. Is that the basic layout of the action, and the epicentre of fun is probably where those 2 roads meet, at a bar there called Sharks?...

Thank you for your help!

Cheapest way Bkk-Pattaya would be bus from outside arrivals terminal to Ekamai for 100 baht (duration 20 mins) folled by a 2/2.5hr government bus to Pattaya for just under 100 baht. 200 baht in total, great value if your on a budget but if your on a short vacation it would be slightly quicker and more pleasant by taxi for 1200 baht.

Have fun!