Poor Mans Precious Metal

With todays prices for copper and nickel did you know that the 25 and 50 setang and 1 baht coin are worth more then their face value?

This would not be a bad 'investment' as your investment would never go lower then face value but has upward potential.

If i calculated right a 25 setang is the most valuable at almost double its face value.

When copper prices go even higher it would be worth the trouble of melting them down.

Opinions?

btw i prefer gold and silver myself as these are more compact and easily traded.

KJ

I know folks who have been collecting Nickel for years.

They all tend to collect older US nickels....I forget pre what year though.

The one metal I feel I really missed the boat on is Palladium.

I was looking at it in the summer of 2008 & wondering if I should go that direction

as it was available here in quantity & the price was under $200/oz

But I just did not know much about the metal & should have bothered to study it further.

Since then as you can see it has increased to over $800 oz easily beating all other metals.

Hind sight eh? ;)

Hind sight eh? ;)

who'd buy some shite² where you can lose >80% of your capital within a couple of years even though you might quadruple your money within the same period? precious metals = wealth protection? my ass! :bah:

pd92-pres.gif

who'd buy some shite² where you can lose >80% of your capital within a couple of years even though you might quadruple your money within the same period? precious metals = wealth protection? my ass! :bah:

:lol: like many things in life timing is everything ;)

• 1 year later...

Naam wrote...

"who'd buy some shite² where you can lose >80% of your capital within a couple of years even though you might quadruple your money within the same period? precious metals = wealth protection? my ass!"

Because for C$815 one gets a neat looking Queen Elizabeth & Maple Leaf one-ounce coin that Customs in Gulliblesthan might think is silver and charge less VAT? Of course, it's a novelty item, a symbol, a gamble. I asked for uranium and rhodium but the Royal Canadian Mint doesn't sell those.

BTW, Naam is the oldest and perhaps best vegetarian restaurant in Vancouver, BC. But it is not a trekker hang-out. Be well and Prospect!

Edited by hermespan